Gamepad - NONE seems to want to be paired with the Nokia 8 !?!

Hmmm... another bug in Nokia 8? I don't know wether this is an Android 9 or a Nokia 8 issue.

Gamepad - NONE seems to want to be paired with the Nokia 8 !?!

sualfons sualfons
✭✭  / 
Hmmm... another bug in Nokia 8?

I don't know wether this is an Android 9 or a Nokia 8 issue. I guess Nokia 8, because otherwise I  would have found something on the interwebs about.... Nokia8 (or Android 9 phones generally) not connecting to bluetooth gamepads.

I have tried two different models of gamepads (and both connected to my too-slow-to-play but otherwise fine Amazon Fire-Tablet). None of them could even be paired with the Nokia 8. Devices would sho in the Bluetooth pairing list (shown as Controllers) but they would not pair.

Is this a known behavior? Is there a solution?

Thanks for your help!

SuALfons
Tagged:

Comments

• ignas ignas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I just tried a little VR controller/gamepad thing I have and it seems to work as fine as it did on Oreo.
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    The game pad / controller / keyboard has to be in pairing mode when connecting for the first time, via long press on its power button, typically.
    - Please refer to the user manual for the controller?
  • Fredson85 Fredson85
    ✭✭  / 
    I tried a Xbox One controller a couple of weeks ago while playing around with vr. The controller worked correctly.
  • sualfons sualfons
    ✭✭  / 
    Same here. Tried several Bluetooth gamespads that are known to work with other phones and Fire Tablets (still Android 5 based).
    You could not even pair the things to the Nokia 8. Sometimes it *looks* as if the gamrpad was paired, because there is no error. But actually you don't get a working input device in your Nokia 8.

This phone is so wrong in so many places that you surely will never read in tests about...I will try another brand of phone when hopefully my Nokia 8 will break soon....
  • Ahmet Orhan Başol Ahmet Orhan Başol
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2019
    I have xbox one s controller and its works just fine with Nokia 8 android 9.