How to get rid of the clock in the notification bar?

The space there is really limited, would like to get rid of the clock since I don't really need it there all the time, and leave the space for notifications, is it possible?

How to get rid of the clock in the notification bar?

Axolotl_FI Axolotl_FI
✭✭  / 
The space there is really limited, would like to get rid of the clock since I don't really need it there all the time, and leave the space for notifications, is it possible?

Also, has HMD mentioned about allowing the bootloader to be unlocked? It is a really nice piece of hardware, but until it can be rooted, cannot really recommend to friends and family (Which I would really like to do)
Tagged:

Comments

• PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    There is an option, but it's hidden. Same as Notch options on some devices. 
    On Xiaomi AndroidOne phones you could just long hold on settings wheel and you'll get additional settings, but here it doesn't work. Soooo, yeah... 

Install Nova Launcher (You don't have to use it, just install it) 
    Add Nova Launcher - Activities widget on home screen 
    Scroll down to System UI and select it 
    Scroll down to System UI demo mode and select it

Now you have shortcut to System UI Tuner and you can mess around with status bar.

Just don't f**k up anything, please. 
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hello, PSHND. 😄
  • Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  / 

Also, has HMD mentioned about allowing the bootloader to be unlocked? It is a really nice piece of hardware, but until it can be rooted, cannot really recommend to friends and family (Which I would really like to do)
    Hi.
    From stock settings, not it's not possible.
    Using 3rd party lauchers you can rid your phone from clock.
    Unlocking bootloaders, you need to contact certain people who can do it for you. It's a paid process.
  • Richard Lunde Richard Lunde
    ✭✭  / 
    PSHND said:
    On Xiaomi AndroidOne phones you could just long hold on settings wheel and you'll get additional settings, but here it doesn't work. Soooo, yeah... 

Now you have shortcut to System UI Tuner and you can mess around with status bar.

I tried your sulution, but it did not work. I tried it on a brand new Nokia 8.1
  • Richard Lunde Richard Lunde
    ✭✭  / 
    Tried to chat with a support tech from Nokia today to. They dont have any solution on how to enable Notch on my phone either
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    PSHND said:

I tried your sulution, but it did not work. I tried it on a brand new Nokia 8.1
    You did something wrong then. Try again. Slowly. Cause it works 100% as I just did it again to try it for you.

• Axolotl_FI Axolotl_FI
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello everyone and thanks for your help, tried with the suggestion here, it removes it, but the moment that you pull down notifications it appears again and stays ;_;

I haven't found a way to remove it with Nova launcher yet, is such thing possible or need another launcher?

Thanks in advance for your help, wish Nokia would really pay attention to interface customization and camera :(
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hello everyone and thanks for your help, tried with the suggestion here, it removes it, but the moment that you pull down notifications it appears again and stays ;_;

I haven't found a way to remove it with Nova launcher yet, is such thing possible or need another launcher?

Thanks in advance for your help, wish Nokia would really pay attention to interface customization and camera :(
    Its not a "Nokia" customisation, it's the same on Android One, Nokia only make the hardware and install the software made by Google, there is no UI changes.