Camera is using digital zoom instead of optical Zoom

The Nokia Camera is using digital 2x zoom using the primary lens.....it should use the secondary 13MP telephoto lens for 2x optical zoom.....but it's only using the 13 MP secondary lens in Bokeh mode......

Camera is using digital zoom instead of optical Zoom

utpal debbarma utpal debbarma
✭✭✭  /  edited July 11
The Nokia Camera is using digital 2x zoom using the primary lens.....it should use the secondary 13MP telephoto lens for 2x optical zoom.....but it's only using the 13 MP secondary lens in Bokeh mode......
This is not what Nokia advertised ..... they said 2x optical zoom is used but instead it the 7 Plus uses digital zoom
I found it out when I saw poor quality on the secondary lens
Also I blocked the secondary camera on 2x zoom mode( that's when I saw that the camera app is using the digital zoom)
(Also we can only take 12MP photos not 13 MP secondary lens photos.....)

Nokia should not have falsely advertised the optical zoom feature......

Comments

• Ya you are right this is the biggest bug by nokia. I can't believe that the phone price is 26000 rs they are not working on bugs ...
  • puneet puneet
    ✭✭✭  / 
    As the aperture of telephoto lens is f 2.6 which is quite small compared to the f1.8 of the normal lens, it severely affects the amount light the lens can capture. Because of this, the software will use telephoto lens only when there's enough light. In indoor and low light situations, telephoto lens won't be used.
  • utpal debbarma utpal debbarma
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hi ....Puneet....... Even in bright outdoor condition.....the Nokia Camera is not using the telephoto camera for optical zoom.......it always uses digital zoom
  • utpal debbarma utpal debbarma
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Please don't be angry......I just suggesting....HMD Global should have given an option to use the telephoto lens......
    I hope that the camera API of Android P will fix that.......... thanks for sharing your knowledge......
    Thanks Puneet.......
  • puneet puneet
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 11
    It's fine. You didn't say anything wrong. Mine works fine. So, I am not sure what's wrong with your device. Maybe post about this issue in the xda forum of Nokia 7 plus.