It's very interesting, though certainly quite obvious he is a long-time fan of Nokias and therefore his opinions may be a little bit biased (yes, like mine would be too!). Some of the most interesting things I read were:
- The use of Google Live Wallpapers to show images on the glance screen - nice! Can this be done with any non-live wallpapers?
- The Snapdragon 845 in the 9PV is a special version unique to the 9PV - really? I'm quite surprised about this
- To power 5 cameras, the ToF sensor and the flash at the same time a special power supply circuit was created - I would like to know more about this
- There are actually four microphones for recording OZO audio in videos, not just three. This means the phone should be capable of full 1080 degree sound recording, not only 360. Do any of you know if this is case?
- I'm also surprised that there is some wind noise in the video demoing OZO audio, because I thought that OZO audio was supposed to remove wind noise
- The SD845 can do EIS in 4K - can it? It's true that the video capabilities of the 9PV seem to have been forgotten compared to the camera, so if possible this could be added (along with monochrome filming)
- Front camera uses the original PureView algorithms to combine info from multiple pixels into one! Personally I think this is not true, because the front camera uses a Quad-Bayer filter doesn't it? Quad-Bayer is like a "lite" version of the original PureView.
- OZO audio can be used when recording with the front camera too?!
- You can capture "live photos" (used to be called "living images" by Nokia) - is that right? I didn't spot that when I tried a 9PV
- What is the photo mode he describes which "brightens" the photo "Here is an example of how this function works: 1-auto mode, 2-with function"?
- The 9PV runs cooler and faster than the Nokia 8! Despite the fact that the 8 should run cooler because of it's aluminium body. I presume this means the SD845 processor design and manufacturing is just more power efficient than the SD835.
- HMD have patented the multi-camera technology used on the 9PV? I thought Light had patented this, and HMD were licensing it?
What do you think? Is the review fair, accurate? Which cool features and irritating shortcomings has he missed out?