Juho wants your suggestions!

Hi all, @juho recently posted on Twitter asking which retro, "originals" Nokia phone HMD should make next?

Juho wants your suggestions!

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hi all,
@juho recently posted on Twitter asking which retro, "originals" Nokia phone HMD should make next? We have had the new 3310, the new 8110 4G, but what next? Please post your suggestions below and I hope that @matteo.m or @maria.03 can gather them and share with Juho.
My suggestions:
  • Nokia Communicator! But rather than fold-out, use the horizonal slide-and-tilt mechanism from the E7 and N950.
  • Asha! By this I mean the models with a QWERTY keyboard on the front, no sliding mechanism.
Cheers :smiley:

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I'd rather have new phones and not dig the phones of the past. The 8110 4G was an attention grabber but ruined by the OS, especially in India where it was forced with non-removable Jio's apps and services which was a truckload of bloatware for anybody not on Jio's network.
    How about build something innovative which the others try to copy instead of a blast from the past, which is a copy of your own product.
    Don't get me wrong, these remakes can bring old memories and remind of the old days, especially to those who have spent their time with those phones in the past. But then they are overpriced and charge a premium to give those memories back. Now only if they would have beefed up the cameras and storage on the 8110 or the 3110 before asking a price higher than Nokia 1 (actually close to Nokia 2) and still not delivering what you should expect from the product in 2018.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @singhnsk, I only suggseted those two models because I think there's still a market for phones like that and HMD could do them well. If they're overpriced retro-remakes then I agree that I'd rather have new products.
    Cheers :)