Nokia 9 pureview gets discounted.

I have brought news regarding the Nokia 9 pureview discounts of late and this has been also reported by other news sites thanks to me.UK and Ireland pricing with online retailer ARGOS and Littlewoods have dropped the price.

Nokia 9 pureview gets discounted.

jimmyireland jimmyireland
✭✭✭  /  edited July 2019
I have brought news regarding the Nokia 9 pureview discounts of late and this has been also reported by other news sites thanks to me.UK and Ireland pricing with online retailer ARGOS and Littlewoods have dropped the price. This needs to happen in more regions and when this current pricing is cheaper than Nokias own store it is a win for any potential buys. DISCUSS...   https://twitter.com/techbuzzinfo/status/1146498171473993729

Comments

• Muser Muser
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 2019
    Best Buy has it on sale in America now as well, $200 off but you can get an additional $50 off if you activate in store.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nokia-9-pureview-with-128gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-midnight-blue/6325704.p

At these prices I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it were available in Canada. I wouldn't mind the lack of a headphone jack as much with this discount and USB OTG could be a suitable workaround for the lack of expandable storage.
  • ENIO19 ENIO19
    ✭✭  / 
    I THINK THAT THEY ARE ONLY OFFERS .. IT IS JUST LAUNCHED IN INDIA. ALSO IS A DEVICE THAT IF WELL PASSED DISAPPEARED IS AN EXCELLENT OPTION
  • bk227865 bk227865
    ✭✭  / 
    So basically the "tale" that this phone was going to be a limited run and supplies would not last (so no bargain bins) was yet one more lie by HDM ?
    Or is this phone selling so badly that they even have to dump the limited supply they have ?
  • Mick1965 Mick1965
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It's £449 everywhere now in the UK.
    With new open box selling alot cheaper than that.
  • Muser Muser
    ✭✭✭  / 
    bk227865 said:
    So basically the "tale" that this phone was going to be a limited run and supplies would not last (so no bargain bins) was yet one more lie by HDM ?
    Not sure what would give you the impression that limited run devices can't go on sale or that HMD lied. At best it could be an indicator that demand dried up for the device after the initial stock issues were dealt with and HMD/retailers don't want to stock them for 6+ months.
  • bk227865 bk227865
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2019
    > @Muser said:
    > bk227865 said:
    >
    >
    > So basically the "tale" that this phone was going to be a limited run and supplies would not last (so no bargain bins) was yet one more lie by HDM ?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not sure what would give you the impression that limited run devices can't
    > go on sale or that HMD lied. At best it could be an indicator that demand
    > dried up for the device after the initial stock issues were dealt with and
    > HMD/retailers don't want to stock them for 6+ months.

yeah ... it's strange that i was under the impression that there would only be an intial stock and no continuous production. Whatever led me to believe that ....

wait ....maybe articles like this ? :

"HMD Global refers to the Nokia 9 as a “limited edition” device, which suggests that there will only be so many made before the company ceases production. As such, if you have an inkling to buy the Nokia 9, you probably shouldn’t delay, as we have no idea how many units are stocked."

"The Nokia 9 PureView is technically a limited-edition device. HMD said it would manufacture a set number of units and would not continue fabrication once stock runs out. This is a pretty odd stance for what’s essentially HMD’s most-hyped phone to date. We suspect it has something to do with the fact that HMD was stuck with building the phone around the Snapdragon 845, instead of the 2019 gold standard, the Snapdragon 855."

Nokia is keeping quiet on a release date for the PureView, but the company says it will be sold for $699. If you do want one, you’ll need to act fast as the Nokia 9 PureView is set to be sold in “limited quantities.”

Source: Android Authority English EN→zh-CN
    HMD Global said the Nokia 9 PureView will be available in “limited quantities” in our meeting. It won’t have an ongoing manufacturing line, which means there will be a relatively limited number available. HMD Global wouldn’t provide guidance on just how “limited” the Nokia 9 PureView may be. Bottom line, if this phone interests you — and it should — don’t hesitate to grab one as quickly as you can.
  • Muser Muser
    ✭✭✭  / 
    bk227865 said:
    > @Muser said:
    > bk227865 said:
    >
    >
    > So basically the "tale" that this phone was going to be a limited run and supplies would not last (so no bargain bins) was yet one more lie by HDM ?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not sure what would give you the impression that limited run devices can't
    > go on sale or that HMD lied. At best it could be an indicator that demand
    > dried up for the device after the initial stock issues were dealt with and
    > HMD/retailers don't want to stock them for 6+ months.

yeah ... it's strange that i was under the impression that there would only be an intial stock and no continuous production. Whatever led me to believe that ....

wait ....maybe articles like this ? :

"HMD Global refers to the Nokia 9 as a “limited edition” device, which suggests that there will only be so many made before the company ceases production. As such, if you have an inkling to buy the Nokia 9, you probably shouldn’t delay, as we have no idea how many units are stocked."

"The Nokia 9 PureView is technically a limited-edition device. HMD said it would manufacture a set number of units and would not continue fabrication once stock runs out. This is a pretty odd stance for what’s essentially HMD’s most-hyped phone to date. We suspect it has something to do with the fact that HMD was stuck with building the phone around the Snapdragon 845, instead of the 2019 gold standard, the Snapdragon 855."

Nokia is keeping quiet on a release date for the PureView, but the company says it will be sold for $699. If you do want one, you’ll need to act fast as the Nokia 9 PureView is set to be sold in “limited quantities.”

Source: Android Authority English EN→zh-CN
    HMD Global said the Nokia 9 PureView will be available in “limited quantities” in our meeting. It won’t have an ongoing manufacturing line, which means there will be a relatively limited number available. HMD Global wouldn’t provide guidance on just how “limited” the Nokia 9 PureView may be. Bottom line, if this phone interests you — and it should — don’t hesitate to grab one as quickly as you can.
    Sure but again, how does the device going on sale disprove that? They could have built 1 million devices before stopping production. If devices are still available it could simply mean that they haven't run through their stock or their limited window isn't up yet (considering it just launched in markets like India).
  • Mick1965 Mick1965
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Bottom line, if this phone interests you — and it should — don’t hesitate to grab one as quickly as you can.

it does....or did, but there are too many short falls in the device for me not to buy one.
    This is probably why there is alot of remaining stock and it's being sold off.
  • oldhorse oldhorse
    ✭✭  / 
    Maybe it is the time to buy one