Is Juho Sarvikas just a spin doctor for HMD

This will hurt some but it has to be said and me being a long time known collector and advocate of the brand something doesnt fit and has not for a long time and it needs to be discussed and I don't like to say it but someone has too.  Tagging him and reporting several issues here he blatantly ignores everyone with a problem,having said that I expect him to man up and respond to even some of the problems right now and the empty promises too.

Is Juho Sarvikas just a spin doctor for HMD

jimmyireland jimmyireland
✭✭✭  /  edited July 8
This will hurt some but it has to be said and me being a long time known collector and advocate of the brand something doesnt fit and has not for a long time and it needs to be discussed and I don't like to say it but someone has too. 

Tagging him and reporting several issues here he blatantly ignores everyone with a problem,having said that I expect him to man up and respond to even some of the problems right now and the empty promises too. From what I see he just promotes the good and ignores the bad a bit like our current government shrouded in arrogance and ignorance and this attitude is simply not on .Even of late he has posted positive words on half assed reviews and shouting out the good leaving out the context and what was not covered in said reviews of any particular device and this is not something you would see from Nokia of old or this forum too which has become just an echo chamber leaving people angry and frustrated being ignored..
Suggestions i have put in place to easily tune this place up have been ignored,again not on when a company such as HMD gloat about sales and market share with no actual device breakdown given be it smart or dumb devices which is akin to how apple will now chose to operate in the future masking the truth and mastering the spin. HMD can't afford to do this in this already oversaturated market as people are now seeing through the spin that is being put out there and the ignorance from within.  
One example I have put to him multiple times was regarding the USB ports and my video has thousands of views and hundreds of frustrated people commenting on the same issue not only native to the Nokia 7 plus it has also happened to my nokia 7.1 and an issue on many other devices in their handset portfolio... What do you think going forward and what needs to change hopefully this starts a conversation and SOMEONE might just listen for once.
Discuss here or join in on twitter https://twitter.com/techbuzzinfo/status/1143851883947335681

Comments

• Axolotl_FI Axolotl_FI
    ✭✭  / 
    I agree with you, but I doubt the high command even reads or pay attention to the forums, let alone the actual users, I don't know what to they consult when making decisions, but it ain't no users or company employees, just check HMD Global reviews on Glassdoor for all the employees complains about upper management. :(
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited July 29
    I think your observation is very accurate! Probably to be expected on Twitter, but here on the forum "inside" HMD's walls I would expect more honesty and frankly more humility as well. However, maybe this is just a symptom of @juho being the only one of the management who seems to draw any kind of crowd on Twitter, so it falls to him to make these kind of statements and Florian Seiche and the board encourage him to continue so long as he doesn't make any really big mistakes.
    The charging port issue though is a typical and very important case. There is clearly a systematic fault with the first/second generation HMD phones which should mean that HMD do not challenge anyone who reports a fault but just fixes it with an updated module which does not contain this systematic fault. However, instead, they seem to be ignoring the problem and even trying to claim that some faults are caused by abuse. This kind of dishonesty is very bad for the brand.
    I hope with the new head of social media and future new head of marketing that things start to change, that HMD can get better, more honest way of dealing with customers in social media and the forum and we can move away from these cases where it appears that Juho is personally ignoring valid and genuine claims and criticism (even if he is!).
    Cheers :)