URGENT :: Nokia 7 plus stuck on Android One screen and boot looping.

Suddenly my phone switched off and is now stuck on  Android One screen and boot looping. What should I do ?

URGENT :: Nokia 7 plus stuck on Android One screen and boot looping.

Vivek J Vivek J
✭✭✭  / 
Suddenly my phone switched off and is now stuck on  Android One screen and boot looping. What should I do ?

Comments

• theodor daniel theodor daniel
    ✭✭  / 
    Be sure the phone is charged, plug it and let it charge to ~15% without turning it on and after 15% try turning it on.
    This happen to me after the battery discharged completely and when I tried to turn it on even plugged in it didn't have enough juice to power on until around 15% was reached.
  • Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭✭  / 
    it was more than 50% charged when this happened.   :s
  • Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I think I will have to try hard reset  :'(
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    Yes, hard reset is your only solution for now. Most likely issue caused by an OS update.
  • love4chat love4chat
    ✭✭  / 
    maybe reset it is
  • Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭✭  / 
    yes. hard reset was only way out. unfortunately lost all data that wasn't backed up since past 3 months. anyways glad I didn't have to run around service centers. But this phone is a big disappointment overall with random reboots during charging, device freeze during app install - uninstall and now this boot loop. 
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Vivek J make sure ur device have enough space ..not infected by malware. Dont install much apps that runs unnecessary background services & also use fast external cards (if needs), always try to keep the OS clean. As your problems are indicating soft handling problems.
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    wyk said:
    @Vivek J make sure ur device have enough space ..not infected by malware. Dont install much apps that runs unnecessary background services & also use fast external cards (if needs), always try to keep the OS clean. As your problems are indicating soft handling problems.
    That's due to error in update and now he needs to get his device reset
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    wyk said:
    Its a probability ..whether he didn't mentioned the update ..if it happens suddenly outside of update then I m afraid.  
  • Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 2019
    wyk said:
    wyk said:
    Its a probability ..whether he didn't mentioned the update ..if it happens suddenly outside of update then I m afraid.  
    Yes, it happened just randomly. not immediately after any software update. June update was installed on July 1-2 and rebooted then itself. No issues for 7-8 days thereafter. And afaik no new apps were installed by me recently in a month or so, just regular playstore updates. Hence the frustration why it switched off and went into a boot loop when battery was more than 50% and my storage is more than half empty.
    I am a very light-moderate user of smartphones. Just mostly phone calls, messaging, no social media apps, no games, and some steaming apps like Prime, Netflix etc. All well known developer apps only, no experimental stuff. So I wonder if such light to moderate usage of this phone can cause so much issues, then I am afraid it is not built for heavy use at all :neutral: The only good thing about this device is the visual appeal, android one program and battery life which is probably because of my usage patterns and hence I can use it easily for 2 days on a single charge.

Anyways hard reset solved the issue this time. and I am glad I did not have to visit Nokia service. Have not heard good reviews about them either. So probably this will be my first and last Nokia smartphone for a while which is quite unfortunate.

• Pepsikennedy Pepsikennedy
    ✭✭  / 
    Same here with the Nokia 8 sirocco. Couldn't even reset the phone. It just got updated with July's security patch. Think it is bricked. Returned it to the store for a refund. The white Android one logo screen of death!.
  • Amit Doryaw Amit Doryaw
    ✭✭  / 

Is a software or a hardware problem?

• Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭✭  / 
    ✭✭  / 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Then the EMMC died. Your phone needs a new motherboard. If the device is out of warranty, maybe just buy a new phone outright.

✭✭  / 

Yeah it is our of warranty. I saw online the price for a new motherboard is 6k but I don't know how much the customer care will cost me. Any ideas?

✭✭  / 

Oh btw I have a Nokia 6.1 plus

• Tugr32 Tugr32
     / 

Hi All - I have the same issue - stuck on the androidone screen. I have tried the hard reset (Vol up + Power) to no avail - still stuck on the androidone screen - any ideas?

Battery 85%

Tried with USB connected to charger and without.

• Tugr32 Tugr32
     / 

When I press the Vol up and Power buttons - the androidone screen appears but nothing else.