Am creating Android pie and Q custom ROM for Nokia 2

@HMD_Laura "HMD Global" you have stated Nokia 2 will not get pie or any further upgrades , fine now why you are not unlocking the bootloader for Nokia 2 ?

Am creating Android pie and Q custom ROM for Nokia 2

UpdateNokia2 UpdateNokia2
✭✭✭  / 
@HMD_Laura "HMD Global" you have stated Nokia 2 will not get pie or any further upgrades , fine now why you are not unlocking the bootloader for Nokia 2 ? Am creating custom ROM Android pie for Nokia 2 and will do for Android Q as well but my only struggling that the bootloader is locked you don't want to upgrade our devices as per my test and found away to trick the bootloader to install a pie build I have mixed with the oreo files and HARDLY got it installed but it brick the phone in factory rest but the performance with pie on Nokia 2 was the same as the oreo and it can be boosted when I removed all Google apps and only left Google play , Google play service and YouTube and the phone performance boosted so far and the problem is the same I need the bootloader unlock of my device to create pie ROM for my phone to achieve what HMD can't or failed to do ( secure , stable , up to date OS ) with better performance and am encouraging the community keep asking for the bootloader unlock with that we will enjoy custom ROMs and many customizations will make our devices better 
Tagged:

Comments

• user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @UpdateNokia2
    Hello,great to hear that android pie is going well in your internal test and as understand HMD need to provide the official way to unlock the bootloader for Nokia devices.Hope she must forward the request to concern team for unlocking the boot loader
  • UpdateNokia2 UpdateNokia2
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @UpdateNokia2
    Hello,great to hear that android pie is going well in your internal test and as understand HMD need to provide the official way to unlock the bootloader for Nokia devices.Hope she must forward the request to concern team for unlocking the boot loader
    Nokia 2 is not bad device , it just need the right tweaks to work just fine , I was reading that I can modify some policies to make all the apps work and get installed in the users micro SD card while keeping the internal for swap and other data for the system , will make poll about that later when hmd listen to the community 
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @UpdateNokia2
    yes absolutely because the device needs certain tweaks and also some modifications from the OS so that it run well,Hope your work must go well
  • Gustnado Gustnado
    ✭✭  /  edited July 12
    @UpdateNokia2 yes HMD should unlock the Nokia 2 bootloader. So every Nokia 2 users can get further OS upgrades.
  • zouhair318 zouhair318
    ✭✭  / 
    Salam everyone, i I've installed the hmd app to unlock the bootloader, but it keeps crashing continually.
    Is it only me or what? 
    Please some advice
  • Gustnado Gustnado
    ✭✭  / 
    @zouhair318 you should request @HMD Global to unlocking the bootloader for Nokia 2 officially , otherwise no use of HMD app ( currently Nokia 8 device supports )