Is anyone facing charging port issue in Nokia 8.1?

I have heard that Nokia 6.1 plus, nokia 7 plus, Nokia 7.1 all arr facing issues with charging port soo my prime concern was would my nokia 8.1 is aslo facing the same threat?

Is anyone facing charging port issue in Nokia 8.1?

Abhi98 Abhi98
✭✭  / 
I have heard that Nokia 6.1 plus, nokia 7 plus, Nokia 7.1 all arr facing issues with charging port soo my prime concern was would my nokia 8.1 is aslo facing the same threat?
I read somewhere that nokia 8.1 has different Charing port design to resolve the port issue.

Best Answer

Answers

• love4chat love4chat
    ✭✭  / 
    m using nokia 7 plus without any charging issues
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  edited July 2019
    The Nokia 6.1 Plus and Nokia 7.1 are more affected. The 7 Plus had no issues in normal use, but some users who abused the port a bit had issues.

I'm using the 8.1 since launch and it is all good so far. No issues in my case 🙂
  • Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Abhi98 said:
    I read somewhere that nokia 8.1 has different Charing port design to resolve the port issue.
    I thought I had this issue. But I cleaned the Jack and the connector which attaches to the charging port and I was good to go.
    Unfortunately, 6.1, 7 plus are delicate darlings, ultra sensitive. So just don't abuse your charging port and it will last for a good time.
  • Abhi98 Abhi98
    ✭✭  / 
    My 8.1 connecting port Shakes a bit when connected is it normal?
    And are there any tips to take care of the port??
    Ty ;)
  • Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    The Nokia 6.1 Plus and Nokia 7.1 are more affected. The 7 Plus had no issues in normal use, but some users who abused the port a bit had issues.

I'm using the 8.1 since launch and it is all good so far. No issues in my case 🙂
    I charge my phone once in 3 days as I am a very light user, but still my charging port on Nokia 7 plus connects-disconnects during charging. 
  • sheppards1984 sheppards1984
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Dunno, maybe try in the Nokia 8.1 forum perhaps?
  • peter Mayhem peter Mayhem
    ✭✭  / 
    So far read few threads and yes they May accur, The Screen freeze issue May also accur
  • Rajat2237 Rajat2237
    ✭✭  / 
    It does not. Also if it is there then too it maybe on just few unlucky phones. Charging port issue can occur on any phone.Just take care of your phone and don't treat its port roughly. 
  • Rahil Dodiya Rahil Dodiya
    ✭✭  / 

Yes... Also facing this issue..... I am purchased nokia 7 plus ..... Charging issue is faced in warranty period. At that time many people came for service stations for charging issue. After a 2 months they gave me nokia 8.1... after 6 months... I also faced same issue charging problem...... Nokia should work on that..

• r.ranjan123 r.ranjan123
    ✭✭  / 

I too am facing charging port issue on my Nokia 8.1. Online support told to take it to Nokia service center. How much time do they take for repairing / replacing the port?

• Ishu07 Ishu07
    ✭✭  / 

Hi guys, I am using nokia 8.1, facing charging issue. type c cable charges my phone only from one side earlier it is used to be from both the sides, any body having any clue please let me know. I have cross check with one plus cable also but same issue persist. Please help or suggest !!!!!

• Rahul Dadmal Rahul Dadmal
    ✭✭  /  edited May 7

Charging port of Nokia 8.1 is not working properly. I have this problem from about 1 year, means around 3-4 months after purchasing. Initially I thought that, it is getting loose because of my mistake and reconnect the charger. Still it persists then I thought that, might be the charging cable has the little problem. But one day I cross checked it and found that phone's charging port has the issue. Then I searched on Google about it and found many people facing the same problem. But by the time I cross checked, my warranty period has ended. How can Nokia phone's charging port comes with poor build quality?

• Arijit Basu Arijit Basu
    ✭✭  / 

Yes am also facing charging issue with battery draining

• Rupendra Rupendra
    ✭✭  / 

Is there anyone who got there nokia 8.1 charging port replaced after april 2020. I am struggling alot with my charging port issue.

• keith leung keith leung
    ✭✭  / 

I have bought 2 Nokia 8.1 (one for my son and the other for my wife). Both devices have charging port problem within the warranty period. We took them back to Nokia support and both have been repaired. I don't know if the problem will happen again.

• keith leung keith leung
    ✭✭  / 

I learnt that Nokia has extended the warranty of the USB port (maybe due to this problem). You may wish to have a try taking it back to Nokia support.

• george newitt george newitt
    ✭✭  / 

(Summary: I've owned the 7 Plus and two 8.1 which all had charging problems)

I had the charging problem with my Nokia 7 Plus so I bought the 8.1 which after around 4 months also had the charging problem. I took it back to where I bought it and the shop gave me a replacement. It was charging fine until April where the problems started again. It's now almost June and it doesn't charge at all. As much as I love Nokia I just can't buy another one of their phones so in a few days I'm upgrading to the Samsung S20. It's sad since in the past Nokia built a reputation of strong and reliable phones but I've owned 3 Nokia Android phones and they've all had charging problems. And yes I did try cleaning them all out and I always treat my phones with care.

• BhaveshLadumor99 BhaveshLadumor99
    ✭✭  / 

I had face charging issue with my nokia 7plus but they was not salved after then now same problem has started with my nokia 8.1.

Please nokia community or HMD global try to understand and solve my this problem.

• issam issam
    ✭✭  / 

i have a Nokia 7 plus and the charging port don't work properly anymore.

• Hi All - I am also facing same issue. Seems issue with charging port. Day by day it became loose and now the connection is totally lost with charging point.

• Thanks Prahlad Paaji .. I am facing same issue with Nokia 8.1.

• Hi guys, I'm using a Nokia 7 Plus and the charging port issue has just gotten worse, I've had my phone for just over two years now and I love every bit of it but lately, I can't charge without adjusting the cable every couple of minutes until fully charged because it disconnects or charges very slow 😔. Anyone know where I can get the charging port fixed in South Africa??? I'm afraid it might stop charging completely one of these days 😕

• mann pandya mann pandya
    ✭✭  / 

yes, i have purchased Nokia 8.1 after having trust that I have brought good phone from trusted company but unfortunately within 6 months its charging port started issue during lockdown in India. Now when lockdown opened and i figured out issue with phone, in this period my warranty already expired.

Can you please help me Nokia to fix my issue?

• user1559131289696 user1559131289696
    ✭✭  /  edited October 29

I am have bought Nokia 8.1 phone 1.5 years back. Thinking that it is reputated company. I have used phone for 1 year with no issue. After that my phone was having charging issue. I have given it for 2 times for changing of the port. But still I have the same issue till now. I don't know why Nokia are giving such a low quality port. I am not happy with Nokia Product . Do not buy Nokia Product😒

• Yes, Had the port issue. Service centre guys did a temporary fix while it was in warranty period. Had to get it replaced later on.