[Videos] Nost-ASHA-lgia... gedit?! :D

Hi all, I followed a tip from Nokiamob to look at Hugo and Cat's Vimeo channel.

[Videos] Nost-ASHA-lgia... gedit?! :D

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hi all,
I followed a tip from Nokiamob to look at Hugo and Cat's Vimeo channel. They are an advertising agency which did lots of work for the old Nokia phones division. They've got a great collection of Asha adverts for those of you that are missing the feeling that this great series of affordable smartphones gave.
Roll VT!

Note that the playlist includes some Sony stuff for some reason - blame Hugo and Cat!
Watching these adverts (and also many for non-Asha phones - see later in the playlist) it's clear that there's some really important things missing from the current range of Nokia phones (Android and non-Android):
  • A feeling of fun! :smiley:
  • Colours - @HMD Global, shades of grey aren't fun, they're sinister. Having just one real colour option for each phone does not give customers choice, and therefore makes them less likely to buy (Xpress on covers go some way towards this, but not far enough - we need more colour on all the range, not only the budget end)
  • Nokia touches - lots of great little touches to the user experience like the UI, apps and features, which took the phones from good to great
  • Form factors - I know that touchscreen smartphones are sexy and aspirational, but there's clearly a gap in the market at the low end to get people onto the Nokia brand train. Currently HMD have nothing in the Asha Qwerty space and I think that's a mistake in the medium to long-term in terms of customer retention and upselling.
HMD need to learn something from these former efforts by Nokia and not always think that those ways were a failure - other business decisions caused the "failure" of old Nokia, not these things.
Please share any other Asha-related videos and articles you find here.
Cheers :smiley: