Content Creation – What do you want to see more of? - Page 2

I'm from that big old Continent Africa. I'm not exactly poor but I thought I might need a phone when the inevitable crap hits the fan.

Content Creation – What do you want to see more of?

Comments

• TheoSc TheoSc
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm from that big old Continent Africa. I'm not exactly poor but I thought I might need a phone when the inevitable crap hits the fan. So it needed to buy one or two or even three phones just in case. First priority is toughness. Second is call quality. Third is a phone that just gets on with the job even if it might be slower than junk out there. Nokia is on a comeback trail.. And it's about time 😀
  • Johnno77 Johnno77
    ✭✭  / 
    Please stick to one camera, increase the MP and add more camera features
  • ArunanSP ArunanSP
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia 9 PureView was great . No doubt, even if it has a few downsides. Most nokia loyalists including me are eager to see what is next in the Flagship Lineup from Nokia.? Maybe a nokia 10 pureView.
    We need the glimpse of nokia's upcoming designs and ideas even if its just in prototype stage.
  • Xioness Xioness
    ✭✭  / 
    ArunanSP said:
    Nokia 9 PureView was great . No doubt, even if it has a few downsides. Most nokia loyalists including me are eager to see what is next in the Flagship Lineup from Nokia.? Maybe a nokia 10 pureView.
    We need the glimpse of nokia's upcoming designs and ideas even if its just in prototype stage.
    I'm still using it, i would call it more okay than great, a lot of features are missing within the camera app, i was expecting a good successor for the lumia 950xl, but nope. It would be cool if they could get back to the king of camera phones. But atm there are the Chinese brands as the three kings. 
  • Nokianforever Nokianforever
    ✭✭  / 
    If you create something on forum that gives nokiafans to give there creative ideas about products it will definitely take a step further in connecting you with us
  • Xioness Xioness
    ✭✭  / 
    ArunanSP said:
    Xioness said:
    ArunanSP said:
    I'm still using it, i would call it more okay than great, a lot of features are missing within the camera app, i was expecting a good successor for the lumia 950xl, but nope. It would be cool if they could get back to the king of camera phones. But atm there are the Chinese brands as the three kings. 
    My current phone is Lumia 950xl :) 
    Facebook, Insta all stopped support. Whatsapp ending by dec 2019 :/ . I'm planning to switch but couldn't find a phone that's as good as this. i almost fixed myself to get Nokia 9 but after seeing the specs and its downsides i planned not to.
    Seems Nokia is forgetting its roots rather than chasing what other premium companies are Doing.

My Phones lineup
    -->
    Nokia 3310,
    Nokia XpressMusic 5130,
    Nokia X3,
    Lumia 720,
    Lumia 930,
     and now using Lumia 950XL.

Top notch Camera with Low Light Capabilities, OIS, Zeiss Optics, Pro Mode Options, Dedicated Shutter Key, 3.5mm jack, Superb AMOLED Panel, SD card support, ample battery.
    I hope they get all these Must have features in their next phone.

Yea i Know that feeling, i loved my 950xl, the nokia 9 is okay but that's all... The 950xl was taking better pictures, was faster and all in all a better phone... It's really sad what happened to the lumia brand. Im also thinking to switch from nokia to another brand until they have fixed some of their issues and get more trustable. Sony did a great job with their new phone and they also have now a cooperation with the Light company 
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    zlutor said:
    Satisfied users telling stories about how great their Nokia device is powered by SailfishOS from Jolla.

Sories about unmatched security, privacy awareness and long lasting batteries.

On smart devices and featurephones as well...
    Sailfish OS hasn't been ported to any current Nokia smartphones. How can they tell their story when they haven't tried it. I have asked this many times and have requested many devs to port but they don't want to invest so much time for porting it to a Nokia smartphone as there are very few people who are interested in installing SFOS and trying it out on their Nokias. One of the major reasons for this is the lack of official Bootloader Unlock option. There are paid methods but not everyone wants to pay for the unofficial ways and due to this most devs just don't buy a Nokia phone.
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited August 3
    HMD_Laura said:

Hi y’all 😊

We are thinking of ideas for new content for the forum and since you Nokia Phone fans are the heart of the community we ask you: What kind of content would you like to see more of in future?

Be it crazy videos, behind the scene stuff or anything else, tell us your desired (but missing) content. We can’t promise to realize all your ideas but we’ll definitely have a look at it.

Best regards,
    Laura

1. Can we have livestreams where the designers can deeply explain what went while creating a certain Nokia, their thought process, and also reply to some questions in the live comments? This can be done monthly or every alternate month. It would help connect with the users. Designers love what they do and I feel they can explain the products they designed in a much better way.

2. Can we have a separate section dedicated to Mobile cameras and photography with different subsections like tutorials, ideas, etc. This would be fun. 

3. Can there be banners somewhere which tell about the security patches so that users don't keep on asking about the updates? A scrolling text at the top of the forum will do too. Like they do on the news channels 😅

4. Every month there's a new topic for photos and users share the photos they clicked. How about asking users what was in their mind while taking that photo. Like a story behind each photo they took? This should be kept separate from the "I took a picture". 😁

I hope at least some of these are implemented. 😊
  • zlutor zlutor
    ✭✭  /  edited August 3

zlutor said:
    Satisfied users telling stories about how great their Nokia device is powered by SailfishOS from Jolla.

Sailfish OS hasn't been ported to any current Nokia smartphones. How can they tell their story when they haven't tried it. I have asked this many times and have requested many devs to port but they don't want to invest so much time for porting it to a Nokia smartphone as there are very few people who are interested in installing SFOS and trying it out on their Nokias. One of the major reasons for this is the lack of official Bootloader Unlock option. There are paid methods but not everyone wants to pay for the unofficial ways and due to this most devs just don't buy a Nokia phone.
    Of course, SFOS is not available for any Nokia devices and not having unlockable bootloaders is just one - important - factor. other one is lack of (Android) drivers available...

So, there was lot's of interest to port but since HMD wasn't/isn't really partner in it it is not realized unfortunately. See Open Devices Program from SONY. Similar one from HMD would be more than welcome...

That's why I wrote I'd like to read more satisfied user stories about SFOS&Nokia phones because  it would imply HMD made it available to have SFOS on Nokia device... ;)

BTW. having SFOS itself is completely free - see list of supported devices -, you have to pay when you would like to have licensed content only: Android and Microsoft Exchange support...
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    zlutor said:

zlutor said:

Of course, SFOS is not available for any Nokia devices and not having unlockable bootloaders is just one - important - factor. other one is lack of (Android) drivers available...

So, there was lot's of interest to port but since HMD wasn't/isn't really partner in it it is not realized unfortunately. See Open Devices Program from SONY. Similar one from HMD would be more than welcome...

That's why I wrote I'd like to read more satisfied user stories about SFOS&Nokia phones because  it would imply HMD made it available to have SFOS on Nokia device... ;)

BTW. having SFOS itself is completely free - see list of supported devices -, you have to pay when you would like to have licensed content only: Android and Microsoft Exchange support...
    I wonder if anyone will ever port it to Nokia smartphones. I hope someone does it soon. Would love to try it on my 2 first. It will give that little device a new life. 😁
    I am sending this thread in the SFos telegram community. 😅
  • T.I.M T.I.M
    ✭✭  / 
    Unlock the nokia 7 plus bootloader and why not ppl will buy the phone more for this point alone since its have a solid hardware
  • david mwangi david mwangi
    ✭✭  / 
    Hey, I made a short documentary with my Nokia 7.1
    I hope this is what you meant by content creation.

✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hey, I made a short documentary with my Nokia 7.1
    I hope this is what you meant by content creation.

It is amazing. Keep it up. All the best.  :)
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @HMD_Laura As we discussed in a thread in the past, and since you're willing to be more creative for the forum, can we also somehow get a bug reporting interface somehwere in the community? I've had a discussion with several other enthusiasts elsewhere and it seems that all of them want it. And it helps you, HMD and FIH too since they will have to look at only one place when trying to find out what issues users are facing.
    A good example comes from OnePlus: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

Thank you for listening.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Can you guys add a section to the Community Forum which has a complete list of services provided by the Nokia Care Centres and their charges along with the approximate charges for replacing some parts like the main board, display, camera module, speakers, USB ports, Housing, etc? This section can show charges for different countries and regularly updated. The users shouldn't be allowed to comment below it.

I am not sure if the community is a good place over the Nokia mobile website for this but I feel there are so many active users on the Community Forums and they can easily keep track of the charges they need to pay for replacing certain parts. This will be more transparent and all service centres will charge evenly. So, no more paying higher charges in certain care centres and paying less in some other care centres. :)
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited August 7
    @Kartik Gada Agree that we need a part price list and service costs so that the service centres don't over-charge and there's a uniformity among the prices at different locations of a country.
    But community won't be a fine place for it. It is best suited for the main website since it has seperate locales for all regions. So, a person from India visiting the support page should see Indian list, and somebody from Finland should see theirs.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    @Kartik Gada Agree that we need a part price list and service costs so that the service centres don't over-charge and there's a uniformity among the prices at different locations of a country.
    But community won't be a fine place for it. It is best suited for the main website since it has seperate locales for all regions. So, a person from India visiting the support page should see Indian list, and somebody from Finland should see theirs.
    Yeah, I agree. Nokia Website would be a better place but can't they add a separate section in the Forum too?
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @Kartik Gada that's a great suggestion! I think that @singhnsk is right though, it will be better to put this in each locale in the main website than on the forum - we don't want any arguments starting about the different repair costs in India vs any of its neighbouring countries do we ;) For example, if it's cheaper for @wilson shrestha to get his 8 Sirocco repaired in Nepal than in India (although I would be surprised, it might be possible).
    Cheers :)
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    Hi @Kartik Gada that's a great suggestion! I think that @singhnsk is right though, it will be better to put this in each locale in the main website than on the forum - we don't want any arguments starting about the different repair costs in India vs any of its neighbouring countries do we ;) For example, if it's cheaper for @wilson shrestha to get his 8 Sirocco repaired in Nepal than in India (although I would be surprised, it might be possible).
    But the prices would be in their respective currencies and it is known that prices would different in every country which we can make users understand. 😊

Yes it would be much easier to implement on the official website but I was suggesting if it could be added here too. Both options are a welcome and a positive change. 😁
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Actually a lot of global companies prohibit the mentioning of prices on the community forums. For example, I was recently browsing TeamViewer forums and they remove any time any customer mentions the amount he/she paid for the subscription. Because their prices vary a lot by region and there can be easy conflicts when users start seeing that somebody else got it for cheaper.
    The best places to feature repair cost estimates are on the service point locator pages and/or when booking a repair online (where they offer such an option).

✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    Actually a lot of global companies prohibit the mentioning of prices on the community forums. For example, I was recently browsing TeamViewer forums and they remove any time any customer mentions the amount he/she paid for the subscription. Because their prices vary a lot by region and there can be easy conflicts when users start seeing that somebody else got it for cheaper.
    The best places to feature repair cost estimates are on the service point locator pages and/or when booking a repair online (where they offer such an option).

Ok yes. Got it. 😅
  • luckyjim17 luckyjim17
    ✭✭  / 
    I gave a couple of ideas a while ago to keep forum users interested in more Nokia news / products. Think I called the threat coming soon from Nokia. It didn’t seem to get any interest. It could of been used as a talking shop for Nokia fans to see products that would be on the market to give their suggestions. Could also have a “what do you think” area where designers ideas could be pitched to fans and collect hints and tips from actual users (pre product). This would be rough ideas to see what people think.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @Kartik Gada I really like this suggestion, it could work on the same framework as the the bug reporting system which HMD will introduce to the community forum soon*.
    *in an alternate reality, probably :(.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    Hi @Kartik Gada I really like this suggestion, it could work on the same framework as the the bug reporting system which HMD will introduce to the community forum soon*.
    *in an alternate reality, probably :(.
    That spoiler killed my excitement.  :D
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Kartik Gada STOP here. No trespassing. Android One boi.
  • Vaibhav1989 Vaibhav1989
    ✭✭  / 
    Want to know how to join your team community? I am content creator in other online mobile community & willing to work with You.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Do you mean to get paid by HMD? Then you need to apply for a job with them (look on LinkedIn) or find a company which contracts for them (I think that two in London are Social Chain and Nucco Brain, I don't know about other countries/cities).
    If you want to do it for free then just get started posting new threads with new content!
    Cheers :smiley:
  • @HMD_Laura I'm late but basically what others have said - more stories, videos, posts, etc. from the designers, engineers, etc. More technical info and whatnot..