Introducing Nokia 220 4G

Welcome to the family #Nokia220 4G. A classic now ready for HD calling in a familiar, affordable package. nokiaphon.es/nokia-220-4g #Nokiamobile 

Introducing Nokia 220 4G

HMD_Laura HMD_Laura
Staff member  /  edited August 16
Welcome to the family #Nokia220 4G.

A classic now ready for HD calling in a familiar, affordable package.

nokiaphon.es/nokia-220-4g #Nokiamobile 
Tagged:

Comments

• ruka ruka
    ✭✭  / 
    when available in sri lanka..
  • FunkayGibbo FunkayGibbo
    ✭✭  / 
    It looks great! When's it available in the U.K. ?

For future classics a camera upgrade to 8mp would be excellent, I'd pay more for that.
  • Keith Keith
    ✭✭✭  / 
    No KaiOS. Shame as it just got Whatsapp.
  • praveenp praveenp
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Will the NOKIA 210 and NOKIA 220 4G be available in India??
    I want to buy a feature phone for myself and I saw the Nokia 210 on the international website, but failed to find it on India website... 
    It would be great if Nokia launches them in India too... Feature phones are great for digital detox... Waiting for them in India... Hope Nokia launch it soon...
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yeah! A great phone --- if it's 2005 instead of 2019. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Andires42 Andires42
    ✭✭  / 
    why didn't s40v6 software. S40 is supporf for google maps,java apps,whatsapp,facebook,online music or video download,otg cable read. 
  • duberry duberry
    ✭✭  / 
    HMD_Laura said:
    Welcome to the family #Nokia220 4G.

A classic now ready for HD calling in a familiar, affordable package.

nokiaphon.es/nokia-220-4g #Nokiamobile 
    No kaios or whatsapp? Are hmd really that thick? Please tell me the thinking behind it? I vsnnot believe that hmd can be that stupid. 
  • user1541104653661 user1541104653661
    ✭✭  / 
    yeah Nokia welcome back on track.
  • Andycool2025 Andycool2025
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia classic 220 with 4G this is very interesting, Nokia is best any time.😍❤️
  • Monali02 Monali02
    ✭✭  / 
    Legend is back 😍 #Nokia220 
  • duberry duberry
    ✭✭  / 
    Monali02 said:
    Legend is back 😍 #Nokia220 

It doesn’t support whatsapp. No kaios. Hardly a legend 
  • Corgan Corgan
    ✭✭  / 
    Been waiting for this.

I've been hunting around. Any word on Bands?
  • Corgan Corgan
    ✭✭  / 
    Corgan said:
    Been waiting for this.

I've been hunting around. Any word on Bands?
    GSM Arena says: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800).

So no go for me (LycaMobile US). 
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    It will be a 50:50 as the device networking says it has 4G VoLTE along with 2G roll back which is slight problem as expected,Except Jio,most of the indian telecom hasn't upgraded their services completely on VoLTE completely still depend on the 3G and 2G services for calling and internet services
  • FunkayGibbo FunkayGibbo
    ✭✭  / 
    I wonder if this will be released in the U.K. as I can't see it on any of the usual online retailers
  • Himanshu1712 Himanshu1712
    ✭✭  / 
    LOL it seems like we are going back to 1990's in NOKIA's life.:D :D :D :D
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited August 1
    I wonder if this will be released in the U.K. as I can't see it on any of the usual online retailers
    The phone will be available in different markets starting from mid-august. :)
  • pb6860 pb6860
    ✭✭  / 
    can we use 4g hotspot in nokia classic 220??
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    pb6860 said:
    can we use 4g hotspot in nokia classic 220??
    Not sure as the phone is not yet available for purchase. But i went through the user guide of this phone and couldn't find any mention for the hotspot feature. It is highly possible that 220 4g doesn't have hotspot. 
  • Sleek Sleek
     / 
    I'm using Nokia 3.1plus. I can't find a RAM capacity
  • Rohit371 Rohit371
    ✭✭  / 
    despite its flaws the design is definitely gorgeous and modern also
  • luckyjim17 luckyjim17
    ✭✭  / 
    Give it a decent camera, a slide out keyboard for messaging and the option to add / remove software features and it would be probably a good option. Being able to customise the look similar to Timex online or what Motorola used to offer (pre take over) and more would be interested. What’s the battery like? If 14+ days then yes it could be a winner. 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia Asha 210 4G is really what I’d like to see please.

I would love it too. 😍
  • luckyjim17 luckyjim17
    ✭✭  / 
    If the 220 4g had a better camera  say 5mp (or no camera at all). Introduce a Nokia 210 body with 220 4g hardware and the same for a Nokia 2720 flip phone body this range would be complete. Add an online additional features option (like ovi but only for Nokia range features- free to download) and a store that allowed you to choose the case and keypad colours of your choice from an existing colour range. What’s not to love. Online colour option customisation would be a bit more cost but delivered to your door. Nokia joy!
  • luckyjim17 luckyjim17
    ✭✭  / 
    All phones would have the same screen (in portrait mode for flip and candy bar forms, landscape in messenger form). All would have same hardware components internally.

so there would be the following combination options for online customisation- 3 form shapes (as already mentioned), all would have the same 6 colour combinations from front/back casing/keypad. Choose for a camera or not (yes / no). And 6 extra software features to add (or download later once purchased) along with 6 classic Nokia games (more could be added- phones would only allow 6 games to be loaded at any one time to avoid issues with overloading. My choice of initial games would be snake, Tetris, mini golf, chess, boggle word game, Viking chess (can’t remember the name but begins with H), space invaders, Galatian, duck shoot, jet pack, donkey long style game (think game and watch style games).
  • luckyjim17 luckyjim17
    ✭✭  / 
    Oh plus the options to add your own ring tone and wallpaper as part of the online customisation process. This could also be changed later on the ovi style download store. You would of course be able to demo before download.
  • luckyjim17 luckyjim17
    ✭✭  / 
    Viking chess is called HNEFATAFL. Just looked it up.
  • viccky viccky
    ✭✭  / 
    Can anyone tell me that when is it gonna available in India?
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    viccky said:
    Can anyone tell me that when is it gonna available in India?
    No idea. They said starting mid August Nokia 105 and Nokia 220 4G will go on sale. This isn't same for all markets. Nokia 105 is now available in some countries and Nokia 220 4G should be coming soon. Let's see if both these phones come to India next month or not.