MANUAL FOCUS to Nokia 9 Pureview PLEASE!!!

Without that SIMPLE and ESSENTIAL feature, pictures like that in the cover of this section cannot be obtained.

MANUAL FOCUS to Nokia 9 Pureview PLEASE!!!

user1528226019961 user1528226019961
✭✭✭  / 
Without that SIMPLE and ESSENTIAL feature, pictures like that in the cover of this section cannot be obtained. And believe me, when sharp, Nokia 9 low light pictures are excellent!!!
Thanks

Comments

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Without that SIMPLE and ESSENTIAL feature, pictures like that in the cover of this section cannot be obtained. And believe me, when sharp, Nokia 9 low light pictures are excellent!!!
    Thanks
    I guess the problem here is 5 cameras. Manual Focus can create a problem here. For example, if we try to capture a macro shot using manual focus then I don't think all 5 cameras will be looking at the same spot as the centre camera from such a close distance. Also, it must be requiring a lot of processing power to use manual focus on all 5 cameras at the same time. And this might be the reason HMD hasn't included the Manual Focus slider in the Pro Mode on the Nokia 9 PureView. 
    If you look at their promotional images shot using the Nokia 9 PureView you will notice that almost all images are of some scenery or portraits etc. This device is focused more towards that kind of photos. It creates the background blur by capturing up to 1200 layers of depth information which pays for the absence of manual focus.
  • TheWhaleNorman TheWhaleNorman
    ✭✭  /  edited August 11
    Having 5 cameras doesn't mean that the phone can't focus manually. You have the manual focus ability in other camera apps, but they use only 1 camera (even though the whole camera system moves when focusing).
    AF is a huge problem in night time shots - even if you focus on a far light, when you change the exposure/ISO the focus starts to refocus constantly. When you focus again, the phone ignores manual settings and shoots default 6400 and 1/30. 
    Just give me the ability to lock the AF in pro mode and focus manually. 
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited August 11
    Having 5 cameras doesn't mean that the phone can't focus manually. You have the manual focus ability in other camera apps, but they use only 1 camera (even though the whole camera system moves when focusing).
    AF is a huge problem in night time shots - even if you focus on a far light, when you change the exposure/ISO the focus starts to refocus constantly. When you focus again, the phone ignores manual settings and shoots default 6400 and 1/30. 
    Just give me the ability to lock the AF in pro mode and focus manually. 
    I can understand how frustrating the situation would be while capturing in low light situations. Manual Focus slider just helps a lot in such situations and I hope HMD adds it to the camera app of Nokia 9 PureView. Ability to lock AF would be a nice addition to all Nokia smartphones :)