Annoying T9 predictive text typing bug in German language...

Hi everybody, I simply cannot write with capital letters after I typed a period using predictive typing with the Nokia 8110 4G.

Annoying T9 predictive text typing bug in German language...

Rory Breaker Rory Breaker
✭✭  /  edited July 2018

Hi everybody,

I simply cannot write with capital letters after I typed a period using predictive typing with the Nokia 8110 4G. If I write something, it looks like this: "Yesterday I had an ice cream cone. it was awesome. i really enjoyed it."

The only way to write with capital letters after a period is to use "Abc" or "ABC". So, for the first word in a sentence I always have to switch from "Predictive" to "ABC" which is really annoying. Is this a bug or am I just too stupid?

If it should be a bug, please fix it HMD. It is really nerve-racking! I used to love typing SMS almost at the speed of light on my Nokia 6210 and 6310i. That implementation of T9 predictive typing really rocked! I grew so accustom to that implementation that I believe that I can still type with a 6210 as fast as I can with a smartphone and touchscreen, probably even more accurate ;-)

Cheers,

Rory

Comments

• Jannis Jannis
    ✭✭✭  /  edited August 2018

Yes, this problem is really annoying, especially if you write in German. I have already contacted the support of KaiOS, and the support there is great and they know about this bug. You should do the same and report other bugs or make suggestions. https://support.kaiostech.com/support/tickets/new

• Rory Breaker Rory Breaker
    ✭✭  / 

Hi Jannis!

Thank you very much for that hint! I will do this right away!

Cheers,

Rory

• mxim mxim
    ✭✭  / 

It's the same issue with every language, I presume. 
    I contacted both Nokia Customer Care and KaiOS Support a couple of weeks ago in regards of this issue. Hopefully they decide to fix it in a future update - the sooner, the better. I, too, was expecting similar T9 typing experience as with older Nokias but this really let me down. I'm using my 8110 4G as my daily driver and at the moment try to avoid having to send text messages on it. Still keeping my smartphone as backup.

• Rory Breaker Rory Breaker
    ✭✭  / 

Hi mxim!

Same here, avoiding longer text messages if possible and having my smartphone as a backup.

This issue, in my opinion, really is a show stopper! I hoped for that last OS update, but to no avail… Well, let's wait and wonder.

Cheers,

Rory

• Back on Smartphone and waiting for a solution for the T9-issue. Same problem in Denmark, missing the danish word for "we".

• kingofdirt kingofdirt
    ✭✭  / 
    The bug is still present in v16. Please HMD, fix this. Just bring back T9 as with 6310i.
  • kingofdirt kingofdirt
    ✭✭  / 
    Jannis said:

Yes, this problem is really annoying, especially if you write in German. I have already contacted the support of KaiOS, and the support there is great and they know about this bug. You should do the same and report other bugs or make suggestions. https://support.kaiostech.com/support/tickets/new

The answer to my ticket at KaiOS support:

The issue with input metthod is known and being investigated.
    Be sure that our engineers will include it in the next version.
    Don't hesitate to contact me back in the future. Have a good day!

With kind regards,
    Anastasiia
    The KaiOS Support Team
  • abbas abbas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    As with the appearance of bugs in many system or OS of ANY make, the onus is on users to cooperate and formally tell the developer of them so that they can take the appropriate remedial measure. I am sure they will want to resolve it having developed it themselves but whether they have the time,manpower and money is a different question.
  • Jannis Jannis
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Jannis said:

The answer to my ticket at KaiOS support:

The issue with input metthod is known and being investigated.
    Be sure that our engineers will include it in the next version.
    Don't hesitate to contact me back in the future. Have a good day!

With kind regards,
    Anastasiia
    The KaiOS Support Team
    I got the same answer almost a year ago... Common KaiOS, this problem can be solved by a good programmer in a hour, there is nothing to investigate in this case.

• Ernstvv Ernstvv
    ✭✭  / 
    When using the Dutch language there is an even more annoying issue. The word "de" (meaning "the" so commonly used) is not in the dictionary. Anyone got an idea if I can add this manually?
  • Jbove Jbove
    ✭✭  / 
    Hitch-hiking this thread for a request to allow to save our words in the dictionary.
    Ernstvv said:
    When using the Dutch language there is an even more annoying issue. The word "de" (meaning "the" so commonly used) is not in the dictionary. Anyone got an idea if I can add this manually?

• Jannis Jannis
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Over a year passed, and Nokia/KaiOS still haven't solved this problem...
  • kingofdirt kingofdirt
    ✭✭  / 
    The Nokia 800 tough comes with KaiOS 2.5.2.
    Does anyone know if this bug is fixed with this version? Maybe we'll see it soon on 8110.