Any GCam apk ? Which fix front camera resolution issue??

Do any 1 have any new apk of GCam which fix front camera MP issue? For Nokia 8.1

Any GCam apk ? Which fix front camera resolution issue??

Er. Saikat Saha Er. Saikat Saha
✭✭  /  edited July 28
Do any 1 have any new apk of GCam which fix front camera MP issue? For Nokia 8.1

Answers

• PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Every third party camera app I've tried gives 5 Mpix photos becas of pixel binning. Anyway, Gcam set to Nexus 6P for front camera model gives way better shots than stock app, no matter the resolution. 
  • Er. Saikat Saha Er. Saikat Saha
    ✭✭  / 
    Have checked the mp of front camera @Syed Ahamad?
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nope. Still the same, and besides the F1 port works better than this one anyway. :) 
  • Reshad Ali Reshad Ali
    ✭✭  / 
    Change the input model of front camera to nexus 6p
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Change the input model of front camera to nexus 6p
    Aren't you reading? I'm always using it with that setting as it gives the best results, but the resolution is always 5Mpix. :) 
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  /  edited August 1
    Nope. And with this one I'm not even getting a preview image and can't take photos. Oh well, back to F1 port. :grin:

• Syed Ahamad Syed Ahamad
    ✭✭  / 
    PSHND said:
    Nope. Still the same, and besides the F1 port works better than this one anyway. :) 
    Please provide us the link. I will try it out.
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    PSHND said:
    Please provide us the link. I will try it out.
    Here you go. :smile:

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/GC6.2-PocoF1_modUrikill.apk
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    What is the use of buying overpriced NOKIA mobile (compared to Chinese companies mobile), if we need to use GCAM ported app to take lot better pictures.

Well I don't want to argue again, but some of the fanboys started argument with me on how good NOKIA mobiles are when I complaint about pathetic NOKIA mobiles.
    Chinese phone don't provide camera 2 API, no ois , etc
    Chinese phone have painful experience in android update, they give plastic build. Try to accept both pros and cons. No device is con free
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    What is the use of buying overpriced NOKIA mobile (compared to Chinese companies mobile), if we need to use GCAM ported app to take lot better pictures.

Well I don't want to argue again, but some of the fanboys started argument with me on how good NOKIA mobiles are when I complaint about pathetic NOKIA mobiles.
    I see that my explanation was deleted so I'll try again. 
    From your post I can see that you form your opinions on ignorance and inexperience.

I had a chance to compare Gcam and stock camera photos on couple of 8.1s and 7 Plus and day photos are on par. Stock even gives a bit more vibrant and brighter photos. The only reason for using Gcam on them is Night Sight. No other app can pull out on auto mode what Gcam is able to. There is other ways to get even better night shots with stock, but you'll need long exposure which means you'll need tripod.

And you have no idea what fanboyism is. It's much different from satisfied users who are bringing facts in argument. So, yeah... If Xiaomi had what I was looking for at the time I decided to buy a new phone, I would gladly go with it is I really loved my Mi A1, but they didn't. 
    My conditions for a new phone were: Android One with Android Pie as starting point, factory unlocked Camera2 API, 3.5mm jack and OIS. 
    So, I could get Xiaomi Mi 8 for the same price as Nokia 8.1 but it is not Android One and doesn't have 3.5mm. I've decided not to wait for A3 as all previous Xiaomi A series phones had to be rooted to use Gcam and at that moment the only phone that fulfilled everything I was looking for was Nokia 8.1.
  • Tonge Tonge
    ✭✭  / 
    Any version of gcam that gives real 60fps video recording not just option that still records in 30?
  • Se puede usar la segunda cámara? Fotos en blanco y negro? 
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Se puede usar la segunda cámara? Fotos en blanco y negro? 
    Heeeey macarena!
    :lol: