Google Photo App: "Edit in" - option "Lightroom" is missing!

HI On my Nokia 9 in the standard Google Photo App when I select an image (RAW) and then press "menu" (three dots upper right corner) I can choose "edit in" (german:

Google Photo App: "Edit in" - option "Lightroom" is missing!

konitoni konitoni
✭✭  /  edited July 2019
HI

On my Nokia 9 in the standard Google Photo App when I select an image (RAW) and then press "menu" (three dots upper right corner) I can choose "edit in" (german: Bearbeiten in) but then I can't choose "Lightroom"! It only suggests to use Photoshop, Photo-Editor or search Google Play store for RAW-editor. But I have installed Lightroom mobile on my Nokia 9 and I already tried to re-install Lightroom, but it is still missing as an option to choose from "edit in", that's really annoying! I know I can tap on "Share" and then select Import to Lightroom, but Lightroom should also be an option to choose from if I select "edit in"! See screenshots.

Anyone else got this problem? Is this a known bug?

Comments

• user1528226019961 user1528226019961
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Use the.option "share with" in the bottom pannel and then choose Lightroom
  • It shouldn't be missing.try to restart it. it should work. Its working perfectly at my end

https://www.nationaldogdayz.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/5.png
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Images have to be imported to Lightroom before opening and editing within Lightroom. "Share with" imports images into Lightroom
  • konitoni konitoni
    ✭✭  / 
    Use the.option "share with" in the bottom pannel and then choose Lightroom
    I'm aware of the "share with" function (see original post)
    It shouldn't be missing.try to restart it. it should work. Its working perfectly at my end

https://www.nationaldogdayz.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/5.png
    Restarted my Nokia 9 but option "Lightroom" is still missing! can you please share a screenshot of your phone?
    Images have to be imported to Lightroom before opening and editing within Lightroom. "Share with" imports images into Lightroom
    It makes no sense that "Lightroom" is missing in "Edit in". Images also have to be imported to Photoshop in order to edit them, and the option "Photoshop" is there when I select "Edit in". But "Lightroom" ist missing there and this makes no sense at all
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I think that images have to be "opened" on Photoshop, and then "saved as" or "save copy" if the original image is wanted to keep unchanged. I had the notion that "import into Lightroom" is a different process that allows the original image to always be unchanged and only thanks image change history reversibly. But I may well be wrong, and would also like to know alternatives.
    Thanks!
  • Maxstr Maxstr
    ✭✭  / 
    This option has never worked for me. I always have to open Lightroom and import the photo.