Nokia 2.1 Software Related Problems

In my own opinion, the
Nokia 2.1 is a great phone ruined by software.  
Here's all my problem with the software that I can remember: 

Nokia 2.1 Software Related Problems

adylanchng adylanchng
✭✭  /  edited July 29

In my own opinion, the Nokia 2.1 is a great phone ruined by software. 

Here's all my problem with the software that I can remember: 

1) Video recording not stopping after file size reaches 4GB FAT32 limitation. Results into corrupted video file.

2) System and Files Go will incorrectly report available storage after formatting SD card as internal storage and migrating data.

3) White board near the perimeter of display after Pie update.

4) Double request for pattern pin.

5) Once you install the regular, non-go version of YouTube from the Google Play Store, you can't uninstall it without a factory reset. (seems to be issues faced by other go phones)

6) Wallpaper would reset to default after a certain time. (Should be patched already however some still reporting of experiencing this issue when performing RAM intensive tasks)

7) Loud speaker calls are very soft and only media plays out of both speakers

8) Most third party camera applications and some social media applications is only able to use the camera at the lowest possible quality. 

9) Animation scaling very fast (Mostly resolved already) 

Comments

• adylanchng adylanchng
    ✭✭  / 

Honourable Mentions

1) Pie removing widgets 

2) Stock camera application preview is far superior to the actual output 

3) You can't remove the search bar from the home screen 

4) No option to disable app drawer 

5) Files Go was terrible but now is much better

• stark 22 stark 22
     / 
    Poor storage
  • Honestly I think there's something wrong with your model.

For your problems

1. Why the **** are you even using the Nokia camera use the GCam port I posted here. It works better and doesn't have this problem.

2. Problem with most Nokia phones. Due to their sheer inexperience.

3. Hardware issue. It fixes itself after a while. Nothing we can do about it.

4. That is strange. I have two Nokia 2.1s one with a password and the other with a pin. None have this problem.

5. YouTube is a factory app that came preinstalled in my phone. Can't delete it.

6. I never faced this problem after the Pie rev2 update some months ago. Did you update and factory reset.

7. Change accessibility settings to mono audio.

8.Nokia software issue. The camera firmware is bad. Use GCam.

9. But in all android go phones.

For your second set of problems.

1. Please for the sake of God use a third party launcher . Example Lean launcher or Nova. Sigh.

2. Lol. Nokia camera is bad. Don't use it. It looks better because the app is showing the picture in lower resolution.

3. Dude wtf. Use a third party launcher. NO one uses the stock launcher. It is bloated and slow.

4.Umm all non Huawei and Xiaomi phones are like that. Just get a launcher whic does that.

5. True

• adylanchng adylanchng
    ✭✭  / 
    5. YouTube is a factory app that came preinstalled in my phone. Can't delete it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmbdATWF3U8
  • adylanchng adylanchng
    ✭✭  / 
    6. I never faced this problem after the Pie rev2 update some months ago. Did you update and factory reset.
    I have stopped experiencing the bug myself. 
  • adylanchng adylanchng
    ✭✭  /  edited August 5
    I want to add that while I personally know how to side load aplications and use GCAM and what not, not everybody knows how too. These software related problems really shouldn't exist. They should be fixed by HMD Global for a better overall user experience. A better overall user experience would increase user statification and increase popularity (sales). 
  • Dineth Mallawarachchi Dineth Mallawarachchi
    ✭✭  /  edited August 5
    What can you do. That's just how it is with Nokia's budget phones.
    People have complained before including me, but support staff insist that they can't report it to the developers.😥
  • adylanchng adylanchng
    ✭✭  / 
    What can you do.
    Not recommend Nokia phones to friends and family. 
    Boycott I must say. 
  • Sarah20141117 Sarah20141117
    ✭✭  / 
    Typically people shouldn't expect too much on Android Go devices for many limitation usability (ex: low ram, low storage, no widget, performance)
    Maybe Android One devices is more adaptable for you.
  • adylanchng adylanchng
    ✭✭  /  edited August 16
    Typically people shouldn't expect too much on Android Go devices for many limitation usability (ex: low ram, low storage, no widget, performance)
    Maybe Android One devices is more adaptable for you.
    I believe that I'm not expecting much. I believe that these issues are just fundamental basics.
  • wimidnk wimidnk
    ✭✭  / 
    Can you guys give me a little follow up on how to install GCam on this nokia 2.1?
  • Download the app from the thread provided.
    Select the file in file to app.
    Install.
    Open.
    Give permissions.
    And that's it.

Keep us informed.
  • adylanchng adylanchng
    ✭✭  / 

7. Change accessibility settings to mono audio.

Didn't fix my issue
  • Android10 coming soon