Photography Tips with Nokia 9 PureView – Understanding Pro mode - Page 3

Well, just leaving a post asking for a camera software update. You already know a number of things to be corrected.

Photography Tips with Nokia 9 PureView – Understanding Pro mode

Comments

• Well, just leaving a post asking for a camera software update. You already know a number of things to be corrected.

So far, a picture can be incredibly good or just a nightmare... Over exposure is all over the place...

So how long is going to take to make ammendments?

• amaljoe amaljoe
    ✭✭✭  / 

Pro mode settings get reverted if we tap to focus before pressing the shutter, but works fine when the camera focuses on its own. 🤔

• Ianku Ianku
     / 

De ce când se actualizează telefonul nu se mai aude,nu mai aud și nu mă aude la vorbit,trebuie resetat tot timpul sa asi revina

• patroclus99 patroclus99
    ✭✭  / 

When using "auto"-mode a flash is available; but when I use "pro"-mode, a flash doesn't seem available. There is a flash when I tap-focus (like in "auto"), but not when I actually take the photo. I'm not a photography expert, so I'm thinking maybe there's a reason for this. Does "pro"-mode utilize ambient light only?

I do know a professional photographer; she seems to use ambient light sources only. I've never seen her take a flash-photo. Is this the context in which "pro"-mode operates? If so, then I understand the lack of flash operation.

• amaljoe amaljoe
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 6

Never use 'touch to focus' in pro mode in this phone. It reverts all the settings while hitting capture if you do so. l don't know if they've fixed that issue. the flash option will stay if we set shutter speed and ISO to Auto and only change the white balance or exposure.

• hoc hoc
    ✭✭  / 

For me, what matters simply is : What the actual scene really did look like to my own eyes under whatever the lighting conditions at the time a photo / video was taken. I simply expect the capture device (my phone in this case) to be able to ACCURATELY capture & re-produce whatever i saw...irregardless whether the colours or exposure etc. are 'ideal' or not i.e. say if the actual scene was very dull & depressing then i expect the camera to just show me that & NOT attempt to artificially 'boost up' the colours or exposure to make the objects or scene etc. look brighter or more 'lively' than what it really was.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @hoc,

I agree with you, but that type of smartphone photography seems to be quite rare these days!

Cheers 🙂