Nokia 8110

In 8110 when we type letters or numbers always repeated and I installed WhatsApp but battery drains fastly some times hangs pls give update for 8110 I am from…

Nokia 8110

In 8110 when we type letters or numbers always repeated and I installed WhatsApp but battery drains fastly some times hangs pls give update for 8110 I am from India

Comments

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @singhnsk Nokia 8110 facing the same keypad issue as Jio Phone. Could this be a bug in the OS itself?

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @singhnsk Nokia 8110 facing the same keypad issue as Jio Phone. Could this be a bug in the OS itself?
    Could be. But I wonder how can an OS do double typing for physical keys? The keypad connects, board sends the signal to the OS that a key was pressed. It is still common for software keys to face such issues, but hardware... ahh.. Hard to believe actually. Maybe the keypad itself is faulty?
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    Could be. But I wonder how can an OS do double typing for physical keys? The keypad connects, board sends the signal to the OS that a key was pressed. It is still common for software keys to face such issues, but hardware... ahh.. Hard to believe actually. Maybe the keypad itself is faulty?
    But I am seeing this happen on KaiOS powered phone only. Maybe when the key is pressed the OS assumes the user pressed it multiple times.  :D It is highly unlikely but I never faced multiple key presses on any Nokia keypad phone. Maybe the keypad is faulty. 

@sreenivas s prabhu  take it to the nearest care centre and get the device checked. Keep us updated. :)
  • luckyjim17 luckyjim17
    ✭✭  / 
    Maybe I’m a little uninformed but apart from being able to download apps, have WhatsApp and Google assistant what else does Kai OS really do?

Nokia’s used to have WhatsApp, Twitter and Facebook to some degree and Ovi was a way to download apps. So that only leaves Google Assistant which if you don’t really need (it pains me to say but if you really want Google to listen to your every word it’s time to buy a smartphone).

Maybe Nokia should re-evaluate the 8110 user comments to look at all the Kai OS issues and as themselves: 1. Do we need Kai OS on a feature phone?
    2. Can we develop S30+ to do what we want?
    3. Should we look at a revival of S40 / S60 which both did a better job
    4. Can we sort out the Kai OS issues to give Nokia users the best experience?
    6. Could we look at another OS instead I.e Sailfish, etc. Instead?
    7. Or should we just find the stones to say we want to be honest with our users and give them the best feature phones and smartphones we can and say “look guys we’re not going that way as the options available are rubbish and we don’t have the developers / technical knowledge/ budget/ not brave enough /etc. to revive good OSs/ we don’t play well with others so won’t collaborate/etc. but we have the integrity to not be prepared to give you a sub-par experience”.
  • Keith Keith
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The KaiOS powered Doro phone also suffers from key bounce. So could be an os problem. All swiches have bounce but software should be able to tell difference between bounce and double tap. I find if I press keys firmly I don't get double taps. Being too gentle makes the keyboard worse.  
  • Viccky Viccky
    ✭✭✭  /  edited August 27
    Maybe I’m a little uninformed but apart from being able to download apps, have WhatsApp and Google assistant what else does Kai OS really do?

Nokia’s used to have WhatsApp, Twitter and Facebook to some degree and Ovi was a way to download apps. So that only leaves Google Assistant which if you don’t really need (it pains me to say but if you really want Google to listen to your every word it’s time to buy a smartphone).

Maybe Nokia should re-evaluate the 8110 user comments to look at all the Kai OS issues and as themselves: 1. Do we need Kai OS on a feature phone?
    2. Can we develop S30+ to do what we want?
    3. Should we look at a revival of S40 / S60 which both did a better job
    4. Can we sort out the Kai OS issues to give Nokia users the best experience?
    6. Could we look at another OS instead I.e Sailfish, etc. Instead?
    7. Or should we just find the stones to say we want to be honest with our users and give them the best feature phones and smartphones we can and say “look guys we’re not going that way as the options available are rubbish and we don’t have the developers / technical knowledge/ budget/ not brave enough /etc. to revive good OSs/ we don’t play well with others so won’t collaborate/etc. but we have the integrity to not be prepared to give you a sub-par experience”.

1- No, we donot need Kai OS on feature phones.
    2-No, S30+ can not be developed further.
    3-Yes, revival of S40/S60 for feature phones can be a good option.
    4-No, we can't sort out issues of Kai OS. Kai OS is an OS that should be burried down right away.
    6- Yes, perhaps the best option at this moment.
    7- HMD should find the stones and needs to have guts to make things clear.
  • f82 f82
    ✭✭  / 
    > @viccky said:
    > luckyjim17 said:
    >
    >
    > Maybe I’m a little uninformed but apart from being able to download apps, have WhatsApp and Google assistant what else does Kai OS really do?
    >
    > Nokia’s used to have WhatsApp, Twitter and Facebook to some degree and Ovi was a way to download apps. So that only leaves Google Assistant which if you don’t really need (it pains me to say but if you really want Google to listen to your every word it’s time to buy a smartphone).
    >
    > Maybe Nokia should re-evaluate the 8110 user comments to look at all the Kai OS issues and as themselves: 1. Do we need Kai OS on a feature phone?
    > 2. Can we develop S30+ to do what we want?
    > 3. Should we look at a revival of S40 / S60 which both did a better job
    > 4. Can we sort out the Kai OS issues to give Nokia users the best experience?
    > 6. Could we look at another OS instead I.e Sailfish, etc. Instead?
    > 7. Or should we just find the stones to say we want to be honest with our users and give them the best feature phones and smartphones we can and say “look guys we’re not going that way as the options available are rubbish and we don’t have the developers / technical knowledge/ budget/ not brave enough /etc. to revive good OSs/ we don’t play well with others so won’t collaborate/etc. but we have the integrity to not be prepared to give you a sub-par experience”.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > 1- No, we donot need Kai OS on feature phones.
    > 2-No, S30+ can not be developed further.
    > 3-Yes, revival of S40/S60 for feature phones can be a good option.
    > 4-No, we can't sort out issues of Kai OS. Kai OS is an OS that should be burried down right away.
    > 6- Yes, perhaps the best option at this moment.
    > 7- HMD should find the stones and needs to have guts to make things clear.

1- I'd think too that it's a good os for a smartphone not a feature phone
    2- I sometimes think that maybe without the installable apps and "app store/games" it could have been even better by itself just the way it was
    3- I don't know if it would be easily possible not only for licenses and all that stuff, but also it would be a completely different os running on such different modern cpu
    4-I'd prefer some closed source lower level real time o.s. than any linux based os that need patching every months until a points where it will not get any.
    5-Sometimes I think many compares these feature phones with older S60 smartphones while these one seems imho to live in a lower end market sector. This would not necessary try to looks like smartphones, just needs to have extremely optimized few features with the best user experiences using them. For example even a coffe machine nowdays may have a MP3 player but most phones or mp3 player themself are not really even close to be a good one, not in the analog output quality, not in the playlist utility, etc... Many feature phones have a 2,4 inch screen but I don't see a similar screen with let's say 1000 nits brightness like the Nokia 603 had or an AMOLED 2 inch one like some other had I don't remember the model now. A great way to give new life to feature phones, not only for the new countries but also for the western ones could be to improve each components quality while not increasing too much the price.