Update-Android 8.1 Oreo Upgrade

Hello,This is to Inform you that Android 8.1 Oreo for Nokia 2 has been not made available at the…

Update-Android 8.1 Oreo Upgrade

user1520881638007 user1520881638007
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hello,This is to Inform you that Android 8.1 Oreo for Nokia 2 has been not made available at the Moment
Source:https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/nokia-2-upgrade

Tagged:

Comments

• UpdateNokia2 UpdateNokia2
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hello,This is to Inform you that Android 8.1 Oreo for Nokia 2 has been not made available at the Moment
    Source:https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/nokia-2-upgrade

My guess that they have failed with oreo so they killed it , see we didn't get any SP in the oreo we didn't get bug fixes but they updated the nougat to the latest so HMD to me are losers and we Nokia 2 users now very unsatisfied with hmd doing because if they want kill the oreo they should provide a way to get the latest nougat through official downgrade guide 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Wow! Double wow! One that the HMD never released any updates to the Oreo build after they released it and two that they have now made it unavailable! Very strange.
    Hi @HMD_Laura, please can you tell us about the reason for the Oreo update being removed? And also it would be good to know why the Oreo never got any security updates (according to this page: https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/security-updates and what people are saying).
    Cheers :)
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

July 2019 Security Patch Is Live for Oreo 8.1 Running on Nokia 2
  • why it is so large in size??  man it's **** large size for a security patch..wish it came with maintenance release
    Anyone downloaded it guys??
    If so any change after update??

✭✭✭✭  / 
    @user1527584032287
    right now Downloading this massive update and once completed i will update it
  • @user1527584032287
    right now Downloading this massive update and once completed i will update it
    I still didn't receive this update, anyway how about the user experience after the update?
  • Daniel G M Daniel G M
    ✭✭✭  / 
    At 1.3GB size, it looks more like a new ROM build rather than just an MR or SP. Ofcourse the SP is included.
  • Vak'o Vak'o
    ✭✭  / 

wow thats good, could you tell me where are you now?
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Vak'o
    Yes downloaded already and looking for changes since it's a security update with massive update so need to check everything
  • Vak'o Vak'o
    ✭✭  / 
    @Vak'o
    Yes downloaded already and looking for changes since it's a security update with massive update so need to check everything
    could you tell me your location? it isn't received for me
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Vak'o
    India
  • Vak'o Vak'o
    ✭✭  / 
    @Vak'o
    India
    thank you so much ;)
  • Hyy i am also from india but i did'nt recived june or july both security patch update.
  • Vak'o Vak'o
    ✭✭  / 
    Hyy i am also from india but i did'nt recived june or july both security patch update.
    i'm georgia and i haven't received any updates, also supporters don't know news about updates :(
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited August 6
    Vak'o said:
    Hyy i am also from india but i did'nt recived june or july both security patch update.
    i'm georgia and i haven't received any updates, also supporters don't know news about updates :(
    Even I don't suggest VPN because while updating it failed two times stopping at "android" logo then throws back to Home Screen but after doing the factory reset then only it was successfully updated,seems that system update installing module need to be cleaned with factory reset
  • Vak'o Vak'o
    ✭✭  / 
    Vak'o said:
    Even I don't suggest VPN because while updating it failed two times stopping at "android" logo then throws back to Home Screen but after doing the factory reset then only it was successfully updated,seems that system update installing module need to be cleaned with factory reset
    i have already tried vpn but not working so i will try reset :smile: 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    For Oreo 8.1,July 2019 SP is provided skipping June 2019 update and bumps from 1.15R_SP02 to 1.15R_SP04
  • Vak'o Vak'o
    ✭✭  / 
    For Oreo 8.1,July 2019 SP is provided skipping June 2019 update and bumps from 1.15R_SP02 to 1.15R_SP04
    why nokia site hasn't oreo updates list? when i clicking security patch site and choosing nokia 2 it only showing nougat updates
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Vak'o
    Since it is an Optional Update they don't upload the details of latest security patches,As per HMD Nokia 2(2017) is running on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and that related data will be uploaded
  • user1529501680618 user1529501680618
    ✭✭  /  edited August 6
    Whats is your ta model number ?
    My ta model number ta1011.
  • After july security update how its performance ?

• July 2019 Security Patch Is Live for Oreo 8.1 Running on Nokia 2
    Hyy whats your model number ?
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @user1529501680618
    Since downloaded today need to see the condition and performance and please don't put your numbers,details in the community.use the inbox for such details providing
  • Oladapo Salvador Oladapo Salvador
    ✭✭  / 

I also got that update
    It's too large
  • Vak'o Vak'o
    ✭✭  / 

I also got that update
    It's too large
    if all problems will solved i am ready to download it ;)
  • UpdateNokia2 UpdateNokia2
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The security vulnerability fixed with that July upgrade finally they gave the Nokia 2 Oreo some attention!
  • Iniobong Imeh Iniobong Imeh
    ✭✭  / 
    What other changes please @UpdateNokia2
  • Vak'o Vak'o
    ✭✭  / 
    HMD_Laura said:
    madbilly said:
    Wow! Double wow! One that the HMD never released any updates to the Oreo build after they released it and two that they have now made it unavailable! Very strange.
    Hi @HMD_Laura, please can you tell us about the reason for the Oreo update being removed? And also it would be good to know why the Oreo never got any security updates (according to this page: https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/security-updates and what people are saying).
    Cheers :)
    I talked with the teams to get a clear statement on the Nokia 2 updates. 

So, following release of the July SPs for Oreo and Nougat, Nougat users are unable to receive the Oreo build. This is purely due to build timestamping and there are no issues with the Oreo build itself. To save further confusion, the Oreo build has been temporarily removed from the website.

To resolve the issue, we will need to re-spin the Oreo build and then perform some internal testing. Once this is done, we will reactivate the web link and OTA path for new users.

Rest assured, we’re currently working on the solution and we’ll have the Oreo build back up online as soon as it is ready. In the meantime, we’ll keep you updated as best we can.

Many thanks, and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards, 

Laura 
    what is reason to nokia diasabled rollback?