Power button problem

My Nokia 6 (2017) has issues with its power button. Pressing the power button doesn't work every time in turning the screen on or off.

Power button problem

paulodr33 paulodr33
✭✭  / 
My Nokia 6 (2017) has issues with its power button. Pressing the power button doesn't work every time in turning the screen on or off. It often triggers the Camera shortcut. I tried deleting the double-press Camera shortcut and the issue still persists. I'm not sire if this is hardware related or software related.
Tagged:

Comments

• Wolfus Wolfus
    ✭✭  /  edited August 13
    The broken power button is a common hardware problem. It happened to me too. It is a factory defect.

• paulodr33 paulodr33
    ✭✭  / 
    Well I am disappointed to say the least. To have issues cropping up after warranty has expired.. 
  • Karwes101 Karwes101
    ✭✭  / 
    This is only a work around for turning the screen on, but I am using it even with my power button working sufficiently, as I find it very comfortable: Using the finger print sensor ist turning the screen on as well! (Of course only works if you are using finger print recognition at all).
  • paulodr33 paulodr33
    ✭✭  / 
    That's great how it works for you. I wish the fingerprint sensor on my Nokia 6 works as well as yours. I live in a tropical country and it makes my hands constantly sweaty. Have to wipe it every time for my phone to read the print.