My Nokia 8 shutdown and restart automacaly

dear all, since two last SP update my Nokia 8 always shutdown and restart automatically when the battery level reach 90%.

My Nokia 8 shutdown and restart automacaly

Ruddy KOJONGIAN Ruddy KOJONGIAN
✭✭  / 
dear all, since two last SP update my Nokia 8 always shutdown and restart automatically when the battery level reach 90%. This is getting worst the phone only working if the unit is plugged into power outlet or power bank. When I plugg it off, it directly shutdown and restart automatically. Is it a bug in pie 9 version or any other? Please help
Cheers
Ruddy

Comments

• potemkin_redux potemkin_redux
    ✭✭✭  / 
    There are reports this is caused by battery defect and replacing a battery fixes this issue. Just hope there are some batteries left for replacement.
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Ruddy%20KOJONGIAN">Ruddy KOJONGIAN</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">dear all, since two last SP update my Nokia 8 always shutdown and restart automatically when the battery level reach 90%. This is getting worst the phone only working if the unit is plugged into power outlet or power bank. When I plugg it off, it directly shutdown and restart automatically. Is it a bug in pie 9 version or any other? Please help
    Cheers
    Ruddy</div>
    </blockquote>
    Same as in my mobile phone 90% battery on Nokia 8 is automatically restart , and I can open camera to restart automatically phone
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited August 5
    Hi,
    If you did a factory reset without data recovery and the problem persists, then this is a hardware problem.  The equipment should be taken to a service center.
  • citlee citlee
    ✭✭  / 
    I've been noticing this problem on my device for the last ~6 months. Might happen several times a day, might happen once a week. Seems to be unrelated to usage, and it'll also happen while the device is plugged in & fully charged. I regret being responsible for recommending this generation of Nokia devices to friends and family (who are also experiencing similar issues). I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a working life of two years minimum from a smartphone - this issue makes it essentially useless to me, as I rely on the notifications, which don't reappear unless you unlock the device, which means you have to know it's rebooted in the first place.

I don't believe it's physical battery life as they're different devices bought months apart. It feels like a software thing as they all started exhibiting the same behaviour in the space of two months. It's pushed me to write Nokia off as just another low-quality-high-price, trading-on-past-goodwill-of-the-brand manufacturer, and I'm migrating to a OnePlus 6.
  • citlee citlee
    ✭✭  / 
    Coincidentally, it's rebooted twice today since this post. I forgot to mention that maybe 40% of the time it will forget about the SIM card until it's rebooted again (my record so far is requiring four reboots) - so it really is entirely useless. Today however it did something new, and "lost" the settings. All of them. The Settings page was blank and the settings app crashed/disappeared after about ten seconds of showing nothing - only noticed this because I needed to use mobile data, and not only was it disabled in the quick settings pull-down, but it wouldn't turn back on, hence going to the main Settings app.
  • potemkin_redux potemkin_redux
    ✭✭✭  / 
    citlee said:
    Coincidentally, it's rebooted twice today since this post. I forgot to mention that maybe 40% of the time it will forget about the SIM card until it's rebooted again (my record so far is requiring four reboots) - so it really is entirely useless. Today however it did something new, and "lost" the settings. All of them. The Settings page was blank and the settings app crashed/disappeared after about ten seconds of showing nothing - only noticed this because I needed to use mobile data, and not only was it disabled in the quick settings pull-down, but it wouldn't turn back on, hence going to the main Settings app.
    Could be a failing motherboard.
  • neil neil
    ✭✭  / 
    @HMD_Laura @HMD Global is there any updates available for this issue? 
  • sutiawan sutiawan
    ✭✭  / 
    Yea, My problem like Your phone. And Now Solve. Alhamdulillah.
    I replace my battery . Its about 400K Rupiah. (26 US Dollar). You will waiting about 3 hours max to complete replacement. 
  • Heru Cahyono Heru Cahyono
    ✭✭  / 
    sutiawan said:
    Yea, My problem like Your phone. And Now Solve. Alhamdulillah.
    I replace my battery . Its about 400K Rupiah. (26 US Dollar). You will waiting about 3 hours max to complete replacement. 
    service center dont have avail battrey . its crazy
  • mati5000 mati5000
    ✭✭  / 
    Battery will no longer be available in service center?

Dear users, many battery problems it's caused by Quick Charge. I have two Nokia 8. Both phones i use with normal charger 900mA output power. both are almost 2 years old and battery working very well.

I think i can say that battery working almost like new.

many users may disagree but quick charge destroying battery.
  • Isah Isah
     / 
    Same problem here with my Nokia 8. Worst is service center doesn't have the battery. I have to leave my phone for 2 weeks to have it diagnosed. Crazy. I use my phone now 24hours attached to charger or powerbank😢