Nokia 8.1 Type-C port very loose quickly

I got Nokia 8.1 about a month. I got problem on Type-C port. It's very loose it isn't tight.

Nokia 8.1 Type-C port very loose quickly

PKMan PKMan
✭✭  /  edited August 5
I got Nokia 8.1 about a month. I got problem on Type-C port. It's very loose it isn't tight. I tried "Search" for this problem I found another community about Nokia or Android they had problem any Nokia model longtime ago like me. Anyone please tell me Why Nokia don't care !!? 

Comments

• GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    So get it replaced. 
  • PKMan PKMan
    ✭✭  /  edited August 5
    GTR12 said:
    So get it replaced. 

If I focus only me. Yes, I should claim it but I see around on Nokia's customers. They have problem like me and this problem stay a long time with any model before Nokia 8.1 that made my suspect "Why this problem can't solve ?"

• leucomax leucomax
    ✭✭  / 

And you tried to use a different cable. In my case, it turned out that the cable is not the cable but the charging socket. Another cable is very tight.
  • PKMan PKMan
    ✭✭  / 
    leucomax said:

And you tried to use a different cable. In my case, it turned out that the cable is not the cable but the charging socket. Another cable is very tight.

I tried Nokia cable it's loose. I tried other cable it's still loose. So, I will try another cables again. 

• GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    PKMan said:
    GTR12 said:
    So get it replaced. 

If I focus only me. Yes, I should claim it but I see around on Nokia's customers. They have problem like me and this problem stay a long time with any model before Nokia 8.1 that made my suspect "Why this problem can't solve ?"

I'm a Nokia customer and I've never had any issues, no loose socket, no freezing, no screen issues, no camera issues, nothing. 

The problem isn't Nokia or the phone, it's the people using the device. 
  • sheppards1984 sheppards1984
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Question:
    Can the cable come out easily out of the port, or just has a little wiggle?

If it still "clicks" when you connect the cable, but has a slight movement (and still charges) it's nothing to worry about. My nokia 7plus does the same from day 1
  • PKMan PKMan
    ✭✭  / 

GTR12 said:
    PKMan said:
    GTR12 said:
    So get it replaced. 

I'm a Nokia customer and I've never had any issues, no loose socket, no freezing, no screen issues, no camera issues, nothing. 

The problem isn't Nokia or the phone, it's the people using the device. 

I'm feeling sad if you mean any problem on Nokia phone because users are stupid or bad luck

• PKMan PKMan
    ✭✭  / 

Question:
    Can the cable come out easily out of the port, or just has a little wiggle?

If it still "clicks" when you connect the cable, but has a slight movement (and still charges) it's nothing to worry about. My nokia 7plus does the same from day 1

It's look like that !!! Is it regular !?

• sheppards1984 sheppards1984
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Does it come out easily? If not, no problem

Does it click when you plug it in? If yes, no problem

Does it keep on charging when you move the cable? If yes, no problem

If you have connection issues, take it to the service center
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Guys, clean your ports! I had some issues with honor 8 lite after couple of months and it's micro USB connector. The cable became very loose and even started falling out after some time. 
    I took a toothpick and a knife, made the toothpick slimmer just enough to slide it in and cleaned out the port. You won't believe what came out of it. Did it couple of times abd when I plugged it in it was as firm as the first day.
    Later similar thing happened on my Mi A1 and I've fixed it the same way. 

And yeah... USE TOOTHPICK OR SOMETHING WOODEN OR PLASTIC. DO NOT USE PAPERCLIPS, NEEDLESS OR PINS! IF YOU DO IT'S YOUR FAULT YOU FRIED YOUR USB PORTS! 
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Mine is wiggly but no charging issue. I also had previous Honor phone the same
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    PSHND said:
    Guys, clean your ports! I had some issues with honor 8 lite after couple of months and it's micro USB connector. The cable became very loose and even started falling out after some time. 
    I took a toothpick and a knife, made the toothpick slimmer just enough to slide it in and cleaned out the port. You won't believe what came out of it. Did it couple of times abd when I plugged it in it was as firm as the first day.

And yeah... USE TOOTHPICK OR SOMETHING WOODEN OR PLASTIC. DO NOT USE PAPERCLIPS, NEEDLESS OR PINS! IF YOU DO IT'S YOUR FAULT YOU FRIED YOUR USB PORTS! 
    I never have charging issues but when i plug mine into my computer it sometimes disconnects if i move it using a cable other than the Nokia one supplied. I find if i blow dust out and clean the metal end of the cable it's fine
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    seanetta said:
    I never have charging issues but when i plug mine into my computer it sometimes disconnects if i move it using a cable other than the Nokia one supplied. I find if i blow dust out and clean the metal end of the cable it's fine
    It can get really dirty inside. I couldn't believe how much gunk i dug out of the ports of my phones. :lol:
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    PKMan said:
    Anyone please tell me Why Nokia don't care !!? 
    Nokia doesn't care because Nokia doesn't make these phones -- HMD does. 😁
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Evindzer said:
    PKMan said:

Riding the train, HMD doesn't make these phones - FIH Mobile does. 🤪
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Evindzer said:
    PKMan said:
    That's completely irrelevant to the point 
  • PKMan PKMan
    ✭✭  / 

PSHND said:

Is any dirty in Port can make Port loose !?
    It's new for me !!!
  • PKMan PKMan
    ✭✭  / 

seanetta said:
    Mine is wiggly but no charging issue. I also had previous Honor phone the same

Yes, just now no charge issue. I worry in future port loose will make charge issue.

• PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    PKMan said:

Is any dirty in Port can make Port loose !?
    It's new for me !!!
    Well, you learn something new every day. :wink:
    Dirt blocks your connector from setting in so it doesn't fit completely and can't hold in firmly. Also it starts to fall out if enough dirt piles up. :smile:
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    A blue interdental toothbrush is perfect for cleaning a USB-C port, just make sure the phone is off.

FWIW my port has been slack since day one but the lead clicks in securely so i just thought it was normal behaviour for the phone as mine doesn't have any charging issues (as yet)
  • troubadour troubadour
     / 
    I have the same issue. Have had the 8.1 for about 3 months and have always had a loose charging port - now it has started disconnecting/reconnecting whilst charging and I know it isn't the cable's fault as I have tried 3 different ones.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I have the same issue. Have had the 8.1 for about 3 months and have always had a loose charging port - now it has started disconnecting/reconnecting whilst charging and I know it isn't the cable's fault as I have tried 3 different ones.

Please try once after cleaning the USB Port. I had a similar issue on my OnePlus 5. I thought the port died, but it was just a lot of dust in there, stopping the connector to fit in. Cleaned it and it is still fine 5 months after. On the other hand, if it is still the same, then time to visit a Nokia Care.
  • LeeW LeeW
    ✭✭  / 
    I've set up a new facebook group here (couldn't find a central place for discussion) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/Nokia.USB.C.Issue/