android Q

Nokia 7  Plus get android Q ? Ir android Q beta ? Thanks

android Q

RicardoGome RicardoGome
✭✭  / 
Nokia 7  Plus get android Q ? Ir android Q beta ?
Thanks

Comments

  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia 7  Plus get android Q ? Ir android Q beta ?
    Thanks
    7+ will get Q in December 2019, Q beta only for 8.1
  • Naman Agrawal Naman Agrawal
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia 7 plus will be second or third device from Nokia to get updated to Android Q. Expect it by October end or Mid November
  • diogenes diogenes
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia 7 plus will be second or third device from Nokia to get updated to Android Q. Expect it by October end or Mid November
    You sound very surely about the date. Any official proof for it?
  • Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭  /  edited August 8
    Nah.. Given the number of new devices after 7+, I would rather say, January, or latest, by March 2020. 
    This time gap is based on Nokia's past records of delivering updates.
  • diogenes diogenes
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Tejas01 said:
    Nah.. Given the number of new devices after 7+, I would rather say, January, or latest, by March 2020. 
    This time gap is based on Nokia's past records of delivering updates.
    Well, Okay, I think we'll get it this year.
  • Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭  / 
    diogenes said:
    Tejas01 said:
    Nah.. Given the number of new devices after 7+, I would rather say, January, or latest, by March 2020. 
    This time gap is based on Nokia's past records of delivering updates.
    Well, Okay, I think we'll get it this year.
    I would rather stay with a functional Pie rather than a buggy Q.
    It took Nokia more than 6 months to have a proper functional Pie. 
    But, thatst just my opinion 🙂
  • schetz schetz
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @Tejas01 I don't think anyone would disagree on that. But I figure we'll get buggy first release no matter the date, so better to receive it sooner and fixed sooner. There's always a choice of not updating, just a bit tarnished by missing security patches that way.
  • Naman Agrawal Naman Agrawal
    ✭✭  / 
    Android Q has many interesting features. New Gestures which i i want to try. Dark theme for whole device. Can't wait to get it on Nokia 7 plus.

    I am sure they will release it by October. They did the same last year. This year Nokia 8.1 will be the first and NoKia 7 Plus / 9 Pureview will be second or third in line for Q update.

    The dates might change because they will be launching new phones in September in Berlin. The Media invitation is already out for the same. 
  • liftedcorn liftedcorn
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Android Q has many interesting features. New Gestures which i i want to try. Dark theme for whole device. Can't wait to get it on Nokia 7 plus.

    I am sure they will release it by October. They did the same last year. This year Nokia 8.1 will be the first and NoKia 7 Plus / 9 Pureview will be second or third in line for Q update.

    The dates might change because they will be launching new phones in September in Berlin. The Media invitation is already out for the same. 
    If they are launching new phones, probability is, they'll try to launch it with pre-installed android Q. So, because of this, they MIGHT release Q for 7 plus little late. 🤔
    That's my initial guess.
    Or if they do not launch them with Q, then we may get Q early
  • Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭  / 
    schetz said:
    @Tejas01 I don't think anyone would disagree on that. But I figure we'll get buggy first release no matter the date, so better to receive it sooner and fixed sooner. There's always a choice of not updating, just a bit tarnished by missing security patches that way.
    We are screwed either ways. By not updating you  compromise on security and by updating you are left with a half baked OS. 
  • user1536448422547 user1536448422547
    ✭✭  /  edited August 11
    skip
  • Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭  / 
    yes, be prepared for a buggy Android Q. They have not resolved Android P issues yet. Or maybe they dont care now as N7+ is not a device in production. Or maybe their hardware is somewhat faulty and no matter how much they patch software, it will never be bug free.
  • diogenes diogenes
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I really can't complain about my N7+. Pie really got better and better since the initial release. Some small lagging now and then, but nothing really serious. All in all I am very satisfied with the phone and can hardly understand about the bunch of problems that some others are facing.
  • chisom max chisom max
    ✭✭  / 
    Hope 6.1+ will get android 10
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hope 6.1+ will get android 10
    It will get it. Just wait and one fine day you will get an update notification :)
  • chisom max chisom max
    ✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    Hope 6.1+ will get android 10
    It will get it. Just wait and one fine day you will get an update notification :)
    Can't wait...... Will it reach November?
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    Hope 6.1+ will get android 10
    It will get it. Just wait and one fine day you will get an update notification :)
    Can't wait...... Will it reach November?
    Till November only 8.1 will get
  • Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭  /  edited August 18
    diogenes said:
    I really can't complain about my N7+. Pie really got better and better since the initial release. Some small lagging now and then, but nothing really serious. All in all I am very satisfied with the phone and can hardly understand about the bunch of problems that some others are facing.



    I agree. Pie has become better while resolving 80% issues. But then, battery issues still remain such as idiotic drain when using data. It easily tanks 5-6% in 5 minutes usage. It even makes me wonder why should one use 4g in the first place. 
    There was a reason why Nokia gave use 3800mah battery. It should last for atleast 1 full day. 
    At times updates from Google makes things worse than better. They need to better co-ordinate with their partner while delivering updates.
    These are small issues but it makes a **** lot of difference whennit comes to user experience. Else people won't stick for long.🙂





Sign In or Register to comment.