I’m reaching out because I’m pretty hopeless and about to RMA my mom’s phone, but this would be a mess, because she depends on it and I live far away. Last Christmass I gifted two Nokia 7 Plus to my parents. Unfortunately, one of the phones got stuck with the rather extensively discussed wifi connectivity issues. I tried everything but eventually gave up and my mom was stuck with cell data only, assuming SW updates would fix it.
Now that I’m back to visit and it’s still an issue, I tried to fix it, with no success.To the point:
- I progressively updated the phone SW using cell data. Current version: July 2019 (no more updates found)
- I tried many workarounds found in forums
- I wiped the phone using recovery mode
- I reset the phone via Android menu
- I reconfigured the phone from scratch, with and without associated gmail account
- I switched the router’s settings betweend “a+b” and “a+b+n” and different channels (FritzBox 7360)
The phone’s behaviour is as follows:
- Occasionally it “sees” our wifi, but when I type the key, best casse it will shortly show “connecting” before failing, not seeing it anymore and eventually automatically disabling it
- Other networks are seen randomly, sometimes it sees some, other times many others but not the first, sometimes only 1, etc
- It even happens in the initial configuraition assitant
- The other Nokia 7 plus show no issues (anymore). Neither does any other Wifi client.
I’m genuinelly clueless and quite exhausted… any help will be incredibly welcome!
Regards and thanks,