HMD will be in Berlin 6th-11th September - will you be as well?

Hi all, Thanks to @Themightym at Nokiamob I learnt that HMD have a stand at IFA Berlin on 6th-11th September:

HMD will be in Berlin 6th-11th September - will you be as well?

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hi all,
Thanks to @Themightym at Nokiamob I learnt that HMD have a stand at IFA Berlin on 6th-11th September: https://www.virtualmarket.ifa-berlin.de/en/Hmd-Global-Nokia,c516149
Can we assume that they'll be announcing a new phone at there? More than one?! Let's hope so ;)
So, anyone who's going to be in Berlin, or who fancies a trip there, can go and try the latest Nokia phones from HMD and meet some of the team there as well. Tickets only cost €13 each, which compared to MWC in Barcelona is ~1% of the price! (I'm not joking).
So who's already making plans? :D
Cheers :)

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi all,
    So Nokiamob shared info from SuomiMobiili.fi that HMD will launch new phones at 4pm on 5th September in Berlin. That's a day before the IFA show opens, so presumably this launch event will be at a separate location like it was in Barcelona.
    Maybe if any of you are planning to be in Berlin then you can ask HMD nicely if you can attend the event?! You never know, it might just work ;)
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Just to make things official!

Via: Sarvikas
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Meanwhile, if HMD would be willing to answer some bootloader unlocking and community questions, I'd be willing to pay for my flight xD
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited August 12
    Hi @singhnsk well you might find someone willing! From my experience most people there are technically minded but there but I don't think any single person could answer all of your questions. It's a nice suggestion though, so be able to take the AMA one step further by having someone from the community like you conduct a kind of interview using questions from the community. @matteo.m, @maria.03, what do you think?
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Well, for more formal interview things, I'll vote for you. You are better at remembering contexts (without recording, I still don't know how, teach me 😝) and drafting proper questions. Do we have anybody from Berlin in the community with a significant interest? Maybe he/she can take a better care of it.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited August 12
    Thanks but if anyone gets a chance to do this it should be someone who hasn't had chance to go to one of these events yet, in my opinion. I think that @martin.fd might be based in Germany, but I don't know for sure or exactly where. There are obviously plenty of other people who might also be in Germany, but only HMD would know who. There's of course the person/people who run the nokiaport.de website but I don't know if they're active on this forum.
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    I think that @martin.fd might be based in Germany, but I don't know for sure or exactly where.

You're right - but on the other side of Germany: in Aachen. And to be honest: My enthusiasm isn't that big that I would invest so much time (and money) to go to Berlin especially for this event ...
    ... if it were in Düsseldorf maybe ;) B) o:)

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Ah yes, Aachen is a long way from Berlin! Even on the ICE train.
    I once looked for train tickets from France to Aachen but couldn't find them, anywhere, Aachen just didn't come up as an option.
    Until I finally realised that in French it has a completely different name! Aix-la-chapelle! I can't really understand why they persist with this given that Aachen isn't even in a French speaking area. Anyway... lovely city :smiley:
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yes, we do have several names: Aachen (German), Aix-la-Chapelle (French), Aken (Dutch) ...  and the Anglo-Saxons mostly don't know which one to use or use all three (mixed up) :p

Anyway: Aachen is really a city worth living in - with only one exception: we have no water worth mentioning, no river, no lake, just a few hot sulphurous springs ... ;)
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Anglo-saxons? You mean those tribes that migrated from northern Germany to the British Isles about 1500 years ago?
    Or did you mean anglophones, people who speak English? ;)
    Please excuse me for being a little facetious. I know that in French and probably other languages "anglo-saxons" means people from the anglo-american cultures, but in English that term can't be used in the same way because to many people in the British Isles it could be offensive, because they're actually from an anglo-celtic culture and are proud of their celtic history. The Saxons only ever settled in southern England, the Angles further north, but none of them really moved into Wales, Scotland or Ireland until a few centuries later when they were now considered "English".
    Anyway, you're right, we haven't got a clue which one to use. Mostly I use Aachen as the city is largely in Germany isn't it?
    As for IFA Berlin, I presume there's a German language Nokia enthusiasts forum somewhere, so maybe a few of those people are going and will find out some interesting bits of info.
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Of course there's a Nokia forum in German and the announcement has already been published there: https://www.android-hilfe.de/news/hmd-kuendigt-nokia-praesentation-auf-der-ifa-an.922572.html)

And a big thank you for the "tutoring" in history ... in fact these are details, which are not always and everywhere present here, but which are certainly worth paying attention to! No offense ...

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @martin.fd, thanks, none taken, I have thicker skin than that thankfully :D