Too many useless models

I cant understand what Nokia is doing. Launching dozens of models for example nokia 1 nokia 2 nokia 3 nokia 4 5.1,6.1,7.1 .

Too many useless models

I cant understand what Nokia is doing. Launching dozens of models for example nokia 1 nokia 2 nokia 3 nokia 4 5.1,6.1,7.1 . How Nokia support will manage these tons of phones sending updates... Why dont they limit the classification to keep quality... Like my suggestion there should be only 1 phone for example nokia 3 should be low end phone then nokia 6/7 should be a midrange and then 1 model a high range phone.   So you could give good and proper technical support.... You really created a mess of so many models... Im really disappointed...

Comments

• luckyjim17 luckyjim17
    ✭✭  / 
    This is similar to a discussion I made about feature phones. It seems crazy to release lots of similar models which confuses customers on which to choose and eventually the models compete against each other. Retailers also then limit the number of models in their stores. Also so many different models means more tooling up at the factory. Seems counterintuitive.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    That's very right. Having a few hero devices is better than a lot of similar looking and similarly specced devices competing with each other. Let's say only 3/4 devices per year is okay. A low end, a lower mid-range, an affordable flagship and finally a real flagship. That's already enough.
  • luckyjim17 luckyjim17
    ✭✭  / 
    Problem is Nokia seems quite content to follow the pack a lot of the time and have too many of it’s own models competing with each other. So resale values of OK nothing special phones are zero. While first on the scene or class leader phones hold their value. Nokia either doesn’t care, can’t be bothered or are not learning lessons from the past.

would you buy a second hand phone from a manufacturer who churns out masses of confusing model choices, many are reviewed as nothing special,  or models that sit in a crowded market of followers?

As stated before by many, reduce the number of models across the range, focus on quality, look towards creating models with standout features and finally look at customer service to build on a fan base to get your message out.
  • they should end this confusing names of their handset and start making new nokia series.

In my opinion, it would be better to bring back old nokia phone's name, not with this strange confusing names "point one and point one plus".

further more, they should produce less high quality handset but much much more well optimized and fluid performance.

Nokia right now is one of the top best andoidone handset, so I think they could dominate the competition in the androidone category if software supports and OS update will extend for a couple more years or even more.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  edited August 2019
    Nokia right now is one of the top best andoidone handset, so I think they could dominate the competition in the androidone category if software supports and OS update will extend for a couple more years or even more.
    Well, it depends on how good of a market standing Android One has. I, for one, am not a fan of a pale experience with barely any selling points. The software severely lacks when compared to the flagships of the competitors.
    Also, since barely anybody else even makes Android One phones, Nokia/HMD is safe, and they will continue to dominate the Android One market. I do have my serious doubts about the software, and to me, it isn't worthy of being on flagship devices.
  • Yeah right, they'd struggle to impress many people in the flagship level handset because of some software issues/bugs.

We all know that HMD is working very hard for monthly seciurity/software updates and bug fix to keep every device well optimize, but hopefully HMD will find effective and right solution for their device and upcoming phones most especially on a higher end handset. :)
  • Kassemhc Kassemhc
    ✭✭  / 

Hi everyone I have bought Nokia 7.2 in 2019 for a very bargain price and I'm happy for the idea that I'm using Nokia like olden days but when I was trying to upgrade to a newer one guess what, I was shocked by the variety of models and in order to study and choose one out of about 40 different model numbers its just a joke, Nokia for God sake, make it simple like: Nokia N2021std (basic options); Nokia N2021med (few extra needed options) and Nokia N2021Lux (full options). then Nokia will sell more and we buy quick.

• Vasilis Kos. Vasilis Kos.
    ✭✭✭  / 

Nokia is making a fatal mistake. They launch more and more devices, and apparently don't have the time (or simply don't care about) to support them and and give them the promised updates. Timely updates was the most emphasized and advertised feature of their phones, and they simply failed on that.

Nokia has no future, if they keep going like this...

• rasvoja rasvoja
    ✭✭  / 

I ll take my example: I picked top of line Nokia 800 Tough (for KaiOS phones) just to discover KaiOS was updated and Nokia did not release updates in 2 years, cutting me off feats like WhatsApp voice call.

And please let call them HMD instead of Nokia, just for sake of old Finish Nokia/Vertu? :)

• Van Thieu Van Thieu
    ✭✭  / 

They're not useless, each model fits a specific needs for certain types of user. Not everyone can afford the latest and greatest either. Some people prefer longer battery life and only use their phone for work. Some prefer to only use it for music. Some wants it for making videos or take amazing photos. Few wants an all in one package, which can be quite costly.

• JitenIndia JitenIndia
    ✭✭  / 

My (quite pessimistic!) idea that Nokia is again on autopilot and destined to go bankrupt in terms of money and ideas

1. Why release endless series of useless and identical android sets?

2. Why withdraw hot selling models like 8110 4g?

3. Why not release best selling feature phones in India? Why the obsession for Chinese markets?

4. Why not ever ever ever listen to concept creators?

5. Why use similar form factors for all features phones?

6. Why not revive N series phones?

Still no one in Nokia listens to these forums. I have been writing to Nokia since when I was a 3310 user.

So Nokia is doomed

• Kassemhc Kassemhc
    ✭✭  / 

Hi, Very simple way to lead the sale quantity which is: The simpler the better.

if there is 3 to 5 Nokia models only it will be so simple for the peoples to choose from and also to have all Nokia mobile phone in there mind at once without missing out on some technology in other models that they cant catch up studding and checking... look at Mazda cars from many models to 5 models in cars , have they lost sale ? . not at all infarct they have more sale then before.