Anyone facing poor RAM management on 8.1 after July security update.

Apps reloads every time i switch between 2 or 3 apps

Anyone facing poor RAM management on 8.1 after July security update.

Tagged:

Comments

• seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    No i am not but you could at least have explained a bit 
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Yes, Ram management is poor. 
  • seanetta said:
    No i am not but you could at least have explained a bit 
    If i spent some times like 2 or 3 minutes on a app lets take YouTube and quickly switch between Instagram the previously loaded page on Instagram loads again. It's been happening from the July security update. At first i thought it's the apps problem so i updated all the apps and it stills happening. Please don't ask me to reset the phone cause i already did it 😅
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Not on mine 🤷‍♂️
  • SASHA UROV SASHA UROV
    ✭✭✭  /  edited August 10
    Nokia need more work with camera , like opportunity slow motion 960 fps or night mode
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia need more work with camera , like opportunity slow motion 960 fps or night mode
    No 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    RAM management is poor on all Nokia phones. They just keep erasing activities of the apps you push in the background even when free RAM is available. Like I'd switch from Telegram after a few mins to Firefox and my tab has to reload. And a 6GB RAM variant of 8.1 does things no differently. The software is just designed like that.
    If you open stock camera app, nearly all running apps are cleared from memory immediately. But I don't expect anybody to fix it anymore. This phone will live and die with the same implementation.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I doubt it will happen, i am now strongly of the belief HMD are pretty good at pushing out updates as promised but not particularly bothered about fixing or improving products once they are in the market. It is fast approaching 2 years since i bought my now deceased Nokia 8 and in 2 years of HMD ownership nothing has been noticeably improved on either the Nokia 8 or Nokia 8.1.

I wholeheartedly applaud the use of Android One and its blank canvas approach but it seems to be a double edged sword where HMD can provide the basic level of functionality with features such as the camera and happily leave it a that without ever improving it to its full potential.

Of course i hope i am absolutely wrong and HMD come out with a blazing camera app and makes me look like an idiot, nothing would make me happier if i am honest.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:

If you open stock camera app, nearly all running apps are cleared from memory immediately. But I don't expect anybody to fix it anymore. This phone will live and die with the same implementation.
    I just tired that and with 13 apps open and then the camera app about half of them needed to be reloaded rather than sitting resident in RAM. I do wonder though if this is to free up resources for the camera operation, i'd imagine it requires much more RAM than most things the phone does.
  • beno5 beno5
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm facing the same issue with my Nokia 8.1, after a phone call in which I left YouTube, the phone app, newspaper app and Gmail open, and YouTube reloaded and the other apps had a delay before they loaded from where they were.