Nokia 8.1 bokeh editor not working screen going black while using
    Facing the same issue in Bokeh editor, no image but a black screen

Everything updated and also tried with cache/storage cleared
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia 8.1 bokeh editor not working screen going black while using
    Facing the same issue in Bokeh editor, no image but a black screen

Everything updated and also tried with cache/storage cleared
    Wtf is that??? I got this phone almost 6 months ago and I've never seen this. The only way I can edit depth is through Google photos. 
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Not happening on mine 
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    See if reset helps. 🙂
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    And again, where the heck is that bokeh editor? When I take the photo and want to edit the bokeh effect it takes me to Google Photos and this is the only way I can change the depth. 

I wanted to check what you are writing about here but I just can't find it. 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I don't know about the 8.1 but on the 8 the bokeh editor is an option which comes up if you take a photo in live bokeh mode and then go to edit it via Google Photos.
    I also had some problems with it (but different, it told me no MPO file found) so I cleared cache and data from the bokeh editor app through settings and cleared cache for the camera app and that got it working.
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    PSHND said:
    And again, where the heck is that bokeh editor? When I take the photo and want to edit the bokeh effect it takes me to Google Photos and this is the only way I can change the depth. 

I wanted to check what you are writing about here but I just can't find it. 
    1. Go to Photos app
    2. Open the photo that you captured in Bokeh mode
    3. Now, tap the edit button and you should see two options like in the screenshot below. 🙂

Note: I am using Nokia 7 Plus

• PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  /  edited August 13
    Thanks, but I don't have it, and I didn't since I got the phone (with January update). As I've said I can only edit it through Google Photos depth option. 

Sorry for the random photo of my coffee mug. :lol:
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @PSHND, I have it, so you must have it too.
    Chek again or wait for my explanation later tonight. 😜
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Seems to work fine on mine (not that that helps)
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @PSHND,
    If you go into Settings>Apps>See all apps>Show system (top right)... wait a few seconds... then scroll down if you have Bokeh Editor it will be there. If for some reason you followed the "advice" and disabled all of the Evenwell "bloatware" then that may be why it doesn't show up for you.
    Please let us know how you get on.
    Cheers :)
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    Hi @PSHND,
    If you go into Settings>Apps>See all apps>Show system (top right)... wait a few seconds... then scroll down if you have Bokeh Editor it will be there. If for some reason you followed the "advice" and disabled all of the Evenwell "bloatware" then that may be why it doesn't show up for you.
    Please let us know how you get on.
    Yeah, I've checked it already last night and it's there, but I can't access it. I didn't disable anything because I'm pretty satisfied with how my phone behaves so it wasn't necessary in my case. :) 
    Anyway, I don't really need it as Google Photos depth option is working flawlessly. I just wanted to check if there is an issue with Bokeh Editor on my device as most of people here are saying. So I won't really mind if I can't get to it. 😁
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @PSHND,
    Well that's good then, if you don't mind you can't access it! Strange that it's there but it doesn't come up as an option. Are you definitely testing it with photos taken in live bokeh mode? This is the only time I get it as an option on my 8.
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    This is how it is on my Sirocco 
    ↓↓↓
    1° Take a pic with a bokeh mode
    2° Go to the Photos app, tap on the pic and select its settings (marked with a yellow dot):

3° Select the bokeh settings (marked with a yellow dot):

4° Adjust the bokeh intensity (marked with a yellow dot):

5° Save the adjusted pic.

🙃
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    Hi @PSHND,
    Well that's good then, if you don't mind you can't access it! Strange that it's there but it doesn't come up as an option. Are you definitely testing it with photos taken in live bokeh mode? This is the only time I get it as an option on my 8.
    Of course. :smile:
    Check my screenshot with coffee mug. You can clearly see that it says Bokeh at the top. :smile:
    I've tried both with stock camera and live bokeh, and with Gcam's portrait mode and it's the same. Maybe it's a regional thing as with notch hiding. The option is there but it's hidden within the system. :smile: