New Nokia Phone after Nokia 7 Plus

How many of you will buy another Nokia Phone after Nokia 7 Plus?

New Nokia Phone after Nokia 7 Plus

Naman Agrawal Naman Agrawal
✭✭  /  edited August 11

PS: I am gonna buy it. Nokia 3 was my first in 2017. In December 2018, i bought this beast Nokia 7 Plus. Don't know which Nokia Phone i l buy after this but it will surely be Nokia device.

What about you guys?

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I will buy a Nokia again for personal reasons, but I'd still say that the Nokia phones lack a kit these days when compared to the competition.
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    I will buy a Nokia again for personal reasons, but I'd still say that the Nokia phones lack a kit these days when compared to the competition.
    Me too as I know I could not afford OnePlus ☹️
  • Naman Agrawal Naman Agrawal
    ✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    Kit as in?
  • Naman Agrawal Naman Agrawal
    ✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    Me too as I know I could not afford OnePlus ☹️
    I think oneplus is more value for money that ways. Nokia 7 plus was 26k when i bought and Oneplus was 33k. So not much difference. I still feel Nokia is a very premium brand. The only feedback to them will be listen to your customers and their problems and try to solve them with future updates.
  • rai pankaj rai pankaj
    ✭✭  / 
    Vivek J said:

PS: I am gonna buy it. Nokia 3 was my first in 2017. In December 2018, i bought this beast Nokia 7 Plus. Don't know which Nokia Phone i l buy after this but it will surely be Nokia device.

What about you guys?
    Nope. No Nokia for me, at least not the next phone. Just want to use it as much as I can and replace it in a decent exchange offer. Had very good experience with my first two smartphones, Galaxy S2 and S5, which lasted me a good 3 and 4 years respectively and I also got a better than expected exchange price for them.

I was very excited when I got N7+ last year in August, to be able to use a stock android phone. But Nokia 7+ has been quite a disappointment. Maybe if it was cheaper like somewhere in 15-17K range like the Mi A2, I would not have had that much of an issue with the device because I would not expect top notch overall quality then. But at 25K, it surely is a disappointment at least for me.
    Yeah copy paste answer  for me too
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yup, definitely a Nokia again. I have never used a phone from any other brand ever. :)
  • Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Vivek J said:

What about you guys?
    Nope. No Nokia for me, at least not the next phone. Just want to use it as much as I can and replace it in a decent exchange offer. Had very good experience with my first two smartphones, Galaxy S2 and S5, which lasted me a good 3 and 4 years respectively and I also got a better than expected exchange price for them.

I was very excited when I got N7+ last year in August, to be able to use a stock android phone. But Nokia 7+ has been quite a disappointment. Maybe if it was cheaper like somewhere in 15-17K range like the Mi A2, I would not have had that much of an issue with the device because I would not expect top notch overall quality then. But at 25K, it surely is a disappointment at least for me.
    My S2 still roxks... Glad to hear someone still has S2 alive.
    No Nokia for sure.... They had a chance for comeback but they blew it.
    Agreed they are a small firm lacking budget when launched but so was OP.
    One phone from lineup having an issue may be understandable, but premium segments having issues, not justified.
    Probably would go for iPhone.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Tejas01 said:
    Vivek J said:

What about you guys?

My S2 still roxks... Glad to hear someone still has S2 alive.
    No Nokia for sure.... They had a chance for comeback but they blew it.
    Agreed they are a small firm lacking budget when launched but so was OP.
    One phone from lineup having an issue may be understandable, but premium segments having issues, not justified.
    Probably would go for iPhone.
    iPhone is trash. Better get Samsung for once
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited August 12
    @Tejas01 OnePlus is a OPPO brand (part of the BBK Electronics network). So, it had the funds and support from them. Otherwise no company can come up and get such a smooth flowing supply chain especially with lower costs of components. OnePlus's initial launches were just a replica of OPPO's flagship phone with beefed up CPU, RAM and a better software.
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Want to buy a Lumia 830 or 730. But its nowhere available.

Stock android lovers will definitely buy Nokia ...at least its an affordable pixel phone. Nokia just not focusing the camera section for which the branding was famous.
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Its insane to tell it trash ..its soo much curated hardware for premium experience.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    wyk said:

Its insane to tell it trash ..its soo much curated hardware for premium experience.
    Paying 1 lakh for no such unique feature is trash
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    wyk said:

that's brand value. .  thats why they are revenue giant... it hasn't happened in one day. ..its time & they have earned it. So as adidas nike Microsoft rolex Prada are... its all about brand value.

but the tragedy is..  Nokia also could have earned it but nothing good happened with the company. 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    wyk said:
    wyk said:

that's brand value. .  thats why they are revenue giant... it hasn't happened in one day. ..its time & they have earned it. So as adidas nike Microsoft rolex Prada are... its all about brand value.

but the tragedy is..  Nokia also could have earned it but nothing good happened with the company. 
    Apple is the worst company of current day scenario. Paying for brand value and getting nothing is meaningless. Good days of apple are gone. They charge 400 to 500 dollars for back glass replacement. 😂
  • rbfr rbfr
    ✭✭  / 
    After 7+ it will not be a Nokia: even if my unit has no problem (except no 4G for something like one month last year...), has good build quality and works really great, I am deeply disappointed at how Nokia considers customers, how badly it handles updates (except this month!), how it gave false hopes with bootloader unlocking, how it self-congratulated in press events and releasing new models after new models instead of taking care of existing ones.
    I should have quickly sold it and chose a more suitable device for me, but I waited too long and would have lost too much, so I am stuck today with this locked device, and will be for at least one more year.
    I have no idea which model will be next, but chances it will be a Nokia are equal to chances it will be an apple product.
  • Jiahui Fu Jiahui Fu
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia only!
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    wyk said:
    wyk said:

Apple is the worst company of current day scenario. Paying for brand value and getting nothing is meaningless. Good days of apple are gone. They charge 400 to 500 dollars for back glass replacement. 😂

For as long people are willing to pay for an Apple product, it's days aren't gone. Apple will sell like an Apple because they have built a premium brand which caters to the buying habits of cash-heavy consumers. And they continue to be happy with their investment in the product.
    There is a shift, Apple's market share will reduce, but that's still not hurting Apple's revenues. At least not in the short run.
  • Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭  / 
    Apple is not trash, just excessively overpriced. So it is not for all because for most it doesnt justify the price point. I would never buy an iPhone as I believe in price to performance should be reasonable. That is the same reason I switched away from Samsung, because their flagships are getting too expensive. I tried Nokia 7 plus which performs well mostly, is cheaper than good Samsung phones and has stock android. However the large number of small small issues which have remained unaddressed have turned me off from them as well.

Maybe I will give 1+ a try next or if some other good device which comes out by end of next year. I have to sufficiently use N7+ and not feel guilty of replacing a 25K device too soon.. haha.
  • akane akane
    ✭✭  / 
    I have a solution for this:- Go to Setting->Apps->Device Health Services->Storage->Clear Storage->Reset Adaptive Brightness