Nokias on display in shops - show the colours!

Hi all,Yesterday I found a rare thing - a new Nokia phone on display in a shop!

Nokias on display in shops - show the colours!

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hi all,
Yesterday I found a rare thing - a new Nokia phone on display in a shop! It was a 1 plus, surrounded by iPhones, Samsungs, Xiaomis, Huaweis and Motorolas with much better specs. I had a play with it and it seemed fine, smoothish, no obvious problems.
Except, it was on display in black! When it's available in a gorgeous red colour why on earth did Dixon's travel or whatever they're called decide to display it in black!?! @matteo.m, @maria.03, please ask your colleagues in the marketing department to make sure that your phones in shops are displayed in the best way possible, which means showing off the great colours that they are available in.
Cheers :) 
Tagged:

Comments

• luckyjim17 luckyjim17
    ✭✭  / 
    It beggars belief that Nokia doesn’t simply look at other brands who have colour ranges for products and take an idea or two from them.

Could you imagine a brand like swatch only displaying one watch style but having a load of other options in the backroom? 

Why not do a mini shop in a place like John Lewis, etc like they do for Nespresso? Or in larger train stations, etc. Or have an events roadshow like Casio do for their G-shock range. Just have a colour range display for their Nokia 105 that shows the colour palette of what’s available for places like Dixon’s group, etc. 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @luckyjim17 I think you're right. If the shops won't display the new Nokia phones in their best light then HMD have to do it themselves. I really like your roadshow idea, that would generate some good brand re-awareness.
    I think it's essential that HMD show the colours off. For me that was the most memorable thing about the iconic designs from the past. All the bright colours of the Lumia/X/Asha ranges, and the slightly more subdued but still great metallic colours from the later Symbian phones, and going back further there are other great examples too. Colours will be memorable to people, HMD need to show off their range to its best.
    Cheers :)
  • luckyjim17 luckyjim17
    ✭✭  / 
    Having a display where phones can be touched and seen (show and tell). Maybe they’ll decide one day to have roadshows to show off a new Asha 210 (with a better camera 5mp+). We can only dream  :(

• luckyjim17 luckyjim17
    ✭✭  / 
     Casio roadshow pop up trailer.

• luckyjim17 luckyjim17
    ✭✭  / 

Above is the type of pop up trailer I saw at Birmingham Bullring shopping centre some time back. Front area were display cases and there were a number of staff on hand to encourage onlookers to talk about the models. Staff also had iPads (if memory serves me right) to show potential customers the product website.
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I was at the mall today. Went there just to see the Nokia 9 PureView and they didn't have it. The sales guy was very excited about showing me other Nokia smartphones like the Nokia 7.1 and Nokia 8.1. He took Nokia 7.1 in his hand and literally just banged it on the table and told me it is metal and has a very good build quality compared to phones from other brands. I was in shock for a second. Did it just happen? He really just banged that Nokia to show the durability LOL. I felt really nice at that time but sadly I didn't get to see the latest camera phone from HMD.

Coming to the topic. Most Nokia phones I saw at this mall were in BLACK except that Nokia 7.1 which was in Steel. Nokia 4.2 was in Black, 3.2, again in black. Why just show the black ones? They are available in more beautiful colours like Nokia 5.1 Plus and 6.1 Plus look gorgeous in White/Silver. Nokia 6.1 is fantastic in Blue/Copper and Silver/Iron, etc etc.

I hope the new upcoming phones will bring more colours and HMD will choose the best-looking colour as a display phone in stores. :)
  • luckyjim17 luckyjim17
    ✭✭  / 
    That’s crazy of Nokia to show just black phones and not promote their top spec wonder phones. I can go into any phone store for a cheap black feature phone.

Nokia should be pushing the USP of Nokia phones such as the vibrant colours, the robust nature of the feature phone models, clip on cover phones (think additional purchases of accessories with new / existing phone users - basically if it’s got the Nokia brand why not sell it too) and last but not least those special phones and show why you’d spend your money on a Nokia rather than anyone else.

Nokia think about pop up roadshows, Phone store displays, go to other events where people will see the phone (adventure events, music festivals, car shows, anything that gets Nokia noticed).