Charging issue and carelessness of Nokia care

My phone is out of warranty. And my charging dock is not working, I went in Nokia Care, they are telling it can't be resolved. What am i supposed to do? 

Charging issue and carelessness of Nokia care

mohit saraff mohit saraff
✭✭  / 
My phone is out of warranty. And my charging dock is not working, I went in Nokia Care, they are telling it can't be resolved. What am i supposed to do? 

Comments

• Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭  / 
    Just 2 days back, I put my fone on charging and after 1 hour it was on the same %. even though it was shown as charging. I pulled out the charger and reconnected it and it worked. So yes, N7+ has these usb-c charging port issues, and I didnt go to Nokia, because I know they will show attitude for a faulty device even if it is just barely 1 week out of warranty.

• AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Vivek J said:
    Just 2 days back, I put my fone on charging and after 1 hour it was on the same %. even though it was shown as charging. I pulled out the charger and reconnected it and it worked. So yes, N7+ has these usb-c charging port issues, and I didnt go to Nokia, because I know they will show attitude for a faulty device even if it is just barely 1 week out of warranty.

Any company will charge if your device it out of warranty. 1 week doesn't matter
  • equisde equisde
    ✭✭  / 
    If a company genuinely wants to survive in the market and that customers are facing problems due to company's faulty policy then it might go out of the way to help customers. Atleast that is what happens in the Western countries. ( Cars being recalled for faults from company).
    Nokia will be a short time company unless it get good infusion of capital to provide better service.
    For this, the defect must first be admitted by the company as a manufacturing defect, which is not the case.
    Please, define western countries. EU law stipulates that manufacturer must give the consumer a minimum 2-year guarantee (legal guarantee) as a protection against faulty goods, or goods that don't look or work as advertised. I live in EU and if you're out of warranty even for a single day, you're on your own.
  • yes,me also got same problem with charging port .Once is replaced but again there was a problem in charging .There was a manufacturing defect by the company
  • Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  / 
    equisde said:
    If a company genuinely wants to survive in the market and that customers are facing problems due to company's faulty policy then it might go out of the way to help customers. Atleast that is what happens in the Western countries. ( Cars being recalled for faults from company).
    Nokia will be a short time company unless it get good infusion of capital to provide better service.
    For this, the defect must first be admitted by the company as a manufacturing defect, which is not the case.
    Please, define western countries. EU law stipulates that manufacturer must give the consumer a minimum 2-year guarantee (legal guarantee) as a protection against faulty goods, or goods that don't look or work as advertised. I live in EU and if you're out of warranty even for a single day, you're on your own.
    That is a smart move from the company to skirt away from responsibility by not admitting defect. I am sure EU laws are strong enough to ensure company gold's itself good what it promises to the customers.

By Western countries, I meant First world countries like North Europe, America..
  • equisde equisde
    ✭✭  / 
    Tejas01 said:
    equisde said:
    That is a smart move from the company to skirt away from responsibility by not admitting defect. I am sure EU laws are strong enough to ensure company gold's itself good what it promises to the customers.

By Western countries, I meant First world countries like North Europe, America..
    North Europe countries are subject to the same UE regulations than rest of them.
  • > @mohit saraff said:
    > My phone is out of warranty. And my charging dock is not working, I went in Nokia Care, they are telling it can't be resolved. What am i supposed to do? 

> @mohit saraff said:
    > My phone is out of warranty. And my charging dock is not working, I went in Nokia Care, they are telling it can't be resolved. What am i supposed to do? 

i am also facing the same issue twice in a year. I bought my in Aug 2018 and after few months (around Jan 2019) of use my phone had charging issue. I went to the service center and they told me they need to change port nd the charger. Even the service center guy told me all the nokia 7 plus phones facing these issue and he assured me that after fixing charging port you will receive this issue. Now my phone is spoiled now again with same issue. I register the complaint on 25th july 2019 about the same issue and now they are telling me phone is out of warranty. I dont know where the Nokia is heading too. Anyone can suggest me how to fix my faulty NOKIA without paying my hard earned money. May i go to consumer court or service center.
  • itsmepramods itsmepramods
    ✭✭  / 
    80% Nokia 7 Plus devices have same problem 
  • Hindocha Hindocha
    ✭✭  / 
    I had visited nokia care 1st they told no spares available, on a complaint mail spare available within 12 hrs & now they will charge INR 2880.00 for replacement of faulty charging port as my phone is out of warranty,
    Better to stop using these high end flagship phones is problem starts in 12-15 months,
    Instead of spending of INR27000.00 on 1 phone which can't make up to 2 yrs of life also, better spend INR25000.00 on 2 phones for 3 yrs
  • jawaid99 jawaid99
    ✭✭  / 
    Facing same issue my warranty just finished on 25 August and now iam facing charging port issue 
  • equisde said:
    They have admitted that the charging ports are faulty and I had zero hassle getting my 7.1 replaced
  • equisde equisde
    ✭✭  / 
    equisde said:
    They have admitted that the charging ports are faulty and I had zero hassle getting my 7.1 replaced

Was your phone under warranty when it was replaced? If so, that's the usual procedure. If not, you are probably most lucky man here so many users (including OP) are reporting the opposite.
  • kaykas kaykas
     / 
    I am having the same issue with the charging port. My phone is still under EU warranty but the service centre said its not applicable in India . They also said this problem can't be fixed.

This is my last Nokia phones. I have been using Nokia phones in last 20 years and i was expecting similar build quality. But unfortunately disappointed. #neveragainnokia

> @Abhishek1005Sharma said:
    > > @mohit saraff said:
    > > My phone is out of warranty. And my charging dock is not working, I went in Nokia Care, they are telling it can't be resolved. What am i supposed to do? 
    >
    > > @mohit saraff said:
    > > My phone is out of warranty. And my charging dock is not working, I went in Nokia Care, they are telling it can't be resolved. What am i supposed to do? 
    >
    > i am also facing the same issue twice in a year. I bought my in Aug 2018 and after few months (around Jan 2019) of use my phone had charging issue. I went to the service center and they told me they need to change port nd the charger. Even the service center guy told me all the nokia 7 plus phones facing these issue and he assured me that after fixing charging port you will receive this issue. Now my phone is spoiled now again with same issue. I register the complaint on 25th july 2019 about the same issue and now they are telling me phone is out of warranty. I dont know where the Nokia is heading too. Anyone can suggest me how to fix my faulty NOKIA without paying my hard earned money. May i go to consumer court or service center.