FIH 2019 financial reports contain info on HMD therefore Nokia phones

Hi all, As I noticed earlier this year, the financial reports of FIH Mobile contain information about the Nokia phones business of HMD.

FIH 2019 financial reports contain info on HMD therefore Nokia phones

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hi all,
As I noticed earlier this year, the financial reports of FIH Mobile contain information about the Nokia phones business of HMD. The latest report is for the first 6 months of 2019: http://www.fihmb.com/investors/Download.aspx?ID=1517. There are bits about HMD and Nokia phones, plus TNS, throughout the document, however the most condensed commentary is on pages 34 and 35.
Most noteworthy is that the distribution business of TNS was not sold to HMD, instead it was shutdown and HMD built up it's own distribution, sales and aftersales business, so now it can manage everything after the phones leave the factory. The report doesn't say if this includes software updates or how much of the software engineering and QA is now done within HMD.
The report also says that HMD launched three new smartphones with two ODMs in the first 6 months of 2019, which I suppose confirms what we already suspected from certification info that StarTech and Huaqin made the 2.2, 3.2 and 4.2.
Did you read it? What else of interest did you see?
Cheers :)
Tagged:

Comments

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Page 32 and 33 are interesting too. :)
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    What in particular did you find interesting on those pages?
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    The report includes information about Asia EU and US markets and in two markets, the decline was due to HMD. Only the US segment saw a rise but it is due to other services which FIH provides.