Nokia 3.2 sms issue

Hi folks. I bought 2 Nokia 3.2 phones in July for myself and wife. All was ok until we had an update the weekend just gone.

Nokia 3.2 sms issue

Steven Barnard Steven Barnard
✭✭  /  edited August 13
Hi folks. I bought 2 Nokia 3.2 phones in July for myself and wife. All was ok until we had an update the weekend just gone. Since then when sending a text both phones say they are sending for some time and then fails with the message “Not sent, Tap to try again” . The recipient the gets the message numerous times even if I delete the conversation. I’ve rolled back the app to the older version but no luck. Reset the phone but no good. I’ve even tried an alternative app but still no good. Contacted our service provider who says there are no issues so I tried my Sim in another phone with an older version of android and the messages went straight away with no issues
Can someone help as I’m pulling my hair out.
Many thanks

Comments

• Steven Barnard Steven Barnard
    ✭✭  / 
    I must apologise as I posted this in the wrong area. Could the administrators possibly move it to the Nokia 3.2 area please.
    Regards
    Steve_B
  • Olaka Olaka
    ✭✭  / 
    I bought a Nokia 3.2 last week, ever after i have been charged multiple (4) times for SMS and the SMS delivered to the recipient but the system  keep replying me "Not sent, Tap to try again” meanwhile message has been sent multiple times and charged as well. i have had a chat with Nokia care personnel (my phone app) but i they had suggested couple of reboot/ factory reset all to no avail. i have also contacted my carrier they suggest it could be a software issue. please help.
    ✭✭  /  edited August 18
    Hi Olaka. That is exactly the same problem we are having. Tried everything Nokia support suggested but still no good. What carrier are you using. We are lucky as we have unlimited texts but it is annoying for the recipient of the text messages. 
  • Woansdei Woansdei
    ✭✭  / 
    We have the same with two 3.2 phones and one 4.2 phone, with virgin in the uk
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @HMD_Laura I think this needs to be forwarded to some software team. The SMS is one of the critical functions of a phone.
    Also, kindly move this to the Nokia 3.2 sub-forum as requested by the OP.
    ✭✭  / 
    We have we have had this problem for 2 weeks now. It is so annoying😡
  • Woansdei Woansdei
    ✭✭  / 
    Is this being worked on? I hate having to apologize to everyone I send a message to
  • Woansdei Woansdei
    ✭✭  / 
    It would be great to get some reply, are there actual people from Nokia on here?
  • Woansdei Woansdei
    ✭✭  / 
    Is there some place where we can reach people that can do something?