Pie Build V4.27D with August security patch available for Nokia 9 PureView

Pie Build V4.27D with August security patch available for Nokia 9 PureView https://t.co/vMpwi0pu2J 

Pie Build V4.27D with August security patch available for Nokia 9 PureView

petrus petrus
✭✭✭✭  /  edited August 2019
Pie Build V4.27D with August security patch available for Nokia 9 PureView https://t.co/vMpwi0pu2J 

Hello, 
has anyone received this update? Are there any improvements?

Thanks.

Comments

• alrdyfree alrdyfree
    ✭✭  / 
    Update installed (Germany):
    No changes at Pro Mode or camera at all (for me).
    I don't use the display fingerprint reader.
  • Stukloplast Stukloplast
    ✭✭  /  edited August 2019
    No wonder no-one wants to buy mine PV :)
    Flagman with five, useless cameras...
    Is it just a security patch or include some "improvements"
  • Mines installing now. UK 🇬🇧 
  • alrdyfree alrdyfree
    ✭✭  /  edited August 2019
    Useless cameras? 
    Watch out for stunning pictures taken with the 9PV on twitter, flickr, google etc.
    Maybe hardware issues?

"Android Pie build (v4.27D) with August security patch" 

• Keith Keith
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Downloading in UK. @Stukloplast I find the camera very good. For very best shots I do use the RAW pictures and edit in Lightroom. The standard JPEG shots are certainly good enough for Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram. 
    ✭✭  / 
    I use only RAW + lightroom and I certainly know how to shoot with dslrs, mirorless and others, phones also. Yes, the raw is great, if the picture is taken the right way, which is quite difficult with this camera app, which is getting worse with every new update (I believe only one camera app update so far, actually). Soo, if you believe hmd will make the phone usable, before releasing the 9.1 - good luck. From day one I have to use a third party app to lock the screen in pocket, so when the phone is ringing it doesn't auto answers. Lack of manual focus in "pro" mode? The joke with the fingerprint sensor? I had a phone warranty changed - the displays and performance are like different makes - no quality consistency. Not to mention the inconsistent updates... 
    Need more? 
  • Raha Raha
    ✭✭  / 
    the update has not brought any significant improvement. In particular, the issue with the unstable Bluetooth connection and frequent connection breaks with the hands-free device has not been fixed. Very frustrating. As a professional smartphone for phone calls in the car, this device is not usable.
  • alrdyfree alrdyfree
    ✭✭  / 
    I use only RAW + lightroom and I certainly know how to shoot with dslrs, mirorless and others, phones also. Yes, the raw is great, if the picture is taken the right way, which is quite difficult with this camera app, which is getting worse with every new update (I believe only one camera app update so far, actually). Soo, if you believe hmd will make the phone usable, before releasing the 9.1 - good luck. From day one I have to use a third party app to lock the screen in pocket, so when the phone is ringing it doesn't auto answers. Lack of manual focus in "pro" mode? The joke with the fingerprint sensor? I had a phone warranty changed - the displays and performance are like different makes - no quality consistency. Not to mention the inconsistent updates... 
    Need more? 
    Sorry, I can't confirm the issues you report. Had some battery issues but I fixed them. I really enjoy this phone as my personal Lumia 950 successor.
    Hope you find your personal dream phone soon... Good luck! 
    ✭✭  / 
    alrdyfree said:
    Need more? 
    Sorry, I can't confirm the issues you report. Had some battery issues but I fixed them. I really enjoy this phone as my personal Lumia 950 successor.
    Hope you find your personal dream phone soon... Good luck! 
    Hm, let me add the monochrome mode - what you see on the screen, is not what you get in the final image - it's misplaced.
    Glad for you, but my expectations were higher and not few people can confirm what I have written. 
    The dream phone? I don't think I'll have it soon :)
  • Xioness Xioness
    ✭✭  / 
    alrdyfree said:
    Useless cameras? 
    Watch out for stunning pictures taken with the 9PV on twitter, flickr, google etc.
    Maybe hardware issues?

"Android Pie build (v4.27D) with August security patch" 

The pictures are not that special and neither great... Also they are connected with a lot of effort to get it "great". Then you also have the low speed of the picture that is taken and of the app, in some cases it means you can't take another picture of it because it's already to late.. And the next thing is, this "great' camera is getting outplayed by nearly every other flagship in a lot of ways. I'm using the 9PV and it is so far just kinda disappointing.
  • PV9 is not the most versatile camera (night mode leaves to be desired) But in daylight it is in the photographic section that it ends up that captures more details, better than the P30 and the Pixel 3XL (which I have tried) without subtracting that the P30 camera is the most versatile to date with an impressive night mode and the Pixel 3XL shoot well in all light situations with a single lens. Then there is the matter of comparing the cost and PV9 remains more economical. The PV9.1 is already announced at the end and I don't think it repeats experience, the Pixel 4 convinces me more to arrive in rumors and a real shame the Mate 30 with the uncertainty of the commercial war and the operating system or final support that it will have ( the Leica Huawei adventure was the best in smarphone computing photography Nokia needs to improve, in low light, if it aspires to be taken seriously, and the Nokia Camara App needs a return, in Spain the August update still does not arrive (usually sighted on the 19th of each month ... every month that there is a patch ) but I assume or take it for granted that the manual mode will still not correct the ISO settings that always place the ISO6400 with a horrible grain in low light. If someone from Nokia reads this, they should put their hands on the problem, and if the solution is "new hardware" if you know how to count, don't count on me as a customer I like Android One, but there are other manufacturers that also offer good OS support with AO
  • Islehopper Islehopper
    ✭✭  / 
    Downloading now in Taiwan
  • neilk neilk
    ✭✭  / 
    Got it today in the US. Everything seems to be working as before.  No noticeable difference in the fingerprint reader.
  • Islehopper Islehopper
    ✭✭  / 
    Never noticed the new Glance Style options - Legacy and Stylish. Will see if Android Auto bug is still present - my phone keeps playing Spotify or PowerAmp after physical disconnect from vehicle. Probably relayed to the new Android Auto update. Fingerprint still steady at >80% reliability (first press). Same as July update.