Headphone jack not working

Today I needed to use some headphones in a phone call with my TA-1004 (never used any since I got the phone) and I had a surprise.

Headphone jack not working

misterU misterU
✭✭✭  / 
Today I needed to use some headphones in a phone call with my TA-1004 (never used any since I got the phone) and I had a surprise. I could hear what I was told, but what I was saying wasn't heard. Tested the headphones on the PC, and they are working. What conclusion should I draw? That my jack is not working? I tried restarting and cleaning the jack but in vain

Comments

• misterU misterU
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Sorry for bumping the thread, but I am still not clear. Should I take it to the service units written on the guarantee, fill in a Nokia Mobile Care form or take it to the store I got it from?
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    If it's a warranty case, then I'd take it to the store where you bought it ... otherwise I would go to the nearest service center

• marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited August 19
    @misterU the jack may be full of pocket lint, I've experienced this too (many times actually).
    Suggestion: use a wooden toothpick to pick the lint at the bottom of the jack. It almost cost me some "repairs" fee, if the guy at the shop weren't such a good fella and just laughed at me when I've asked for what I owed him 😁 just make sure you dig that toothpick really well into the depths of that jack.

I hope you fix your issue.
  • misterU misterU
    ✭✭✭  / 
    martin.fd said:
    If it's a warranty case, then I'd take it to the store where you bought it ... otherwise I would go to the nearest service center

Is it covered by the warranty then? I still have a valid warranty.
  • misterU misterU
    ✭✭✭  / 
    marsic said:
    @misterU the jack may be full of pocket lint, I've experienced this too (many times actually).
    Suggestion: use a wooden toothpick to pick the lint at the bottom of the jack. It almost cost me some "repairs" fee, if the guy at the shop weren't such a good fella and just laughed at me when I've asked for what I owed him 😁 just make sure you dig that toothpick really well into the depths of that jack.

I hope you fix your issue.
    You made my day (even if it is 9PM for me)! It solved my issue, I took 3 pieces of cloth from the jack. Now it works! What do I owe you? ;)
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Seeing you so joyful is plenty a payment, enjoy your audio.
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    marsic said:
    Seeing you so joyful is plenty a payment, enjoy your audio.
    Hello my friend. You are alive :) Where did you disappear? I thought that you sold you crappy Nokia 8. I'm waiting few more months and will return mine for screen replacement and maybe (I really hope) I will leave this place forever.
    Regards
  • misterU misterU
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Speaking of displays, I'm not sure if I should send my unit for replacement. I had some unfortunate experience in the past with a laptop service and now I'm reticent regarding services. I feel happy that my headphone jack issue is solved (kudos to @marsic, once again) and I was exempted of headaches. Now I will cause some others if I will send it, but at the same time, I feel like my money were thrown away.