August Upgrade is here

Seems there are some improvements not only security patches, would love to know what was fixed in detail.

August Upgrade is here

romu romu
✭✭✭  / 
Seems there are some improvements not only security patches, would love to know what was fixed in detail.

Comments

• romu romu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    My phone froze after the reboot, when finishing the upgrade. Had to hold the power key to reboot once more. Now its fine, can't see anything different as of now. Hope it solves some problems other members have.
  • Pyves Pyves
    ✭✭  / 
    Haven't yet received it in the UK, but the wait probably won't be too long :)
  • Audioboxer Audioboxer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    What country is this in?

Will try to force the update on my Sirocco in the UK and upload it.
  • romu romu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Switzerland, phone runs fine. Except, that every so often when pressing the power button, the camera is startet, but that was also the case before upgrading.
  • Audioboxer Audioboxer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    romu said:
    Switzerland, phone runs fine. Except, that every so often when pressing the power button, the camera is startet, but that was also the case before upgrading.
    I thought so. I've tried my best with Switzerland VPN options and I can't get the update to trigger.

• Audioboxer Audioboxer
    ✭✭✭  /  edited August 25
    Got it

Will have to be sideloaded via recovery for anyone who wants to install it.

• zappor zappor
    ✭✭  / 
    romu said:
    every so often when pressing the power button, the camera is startet, but that was also the case before upgrading.
    Got that bug too since forever. Bad debounce...

No update here yet.
  • zappor zappor
    ✭✭  / 
    Notice that this more than an a security update, it's actually a MR Update, new build number (4.14F vs 4.14B)

00WW_4_14F MR Update and SP (Pie 9) Aug-19 Tuesday, August 20, 2019 Android Security Bulletin - Aug 2019

https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/security-updates

• romu romu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    zappor said:
    romu said:
    every so often when pressing the power button, the camera is startet, but that was also the case before upgrading.

No update here yet.
    It is even worse now for me. Had to disable camera activation through double clicking power button. Camera activated it self almost every time I hit the power button once.
    Else the phone seems stable after de upgrade.
  • Scam Spammers Scam Spammers
    ✭✭  / 
    Still not available in Norway
    😒
  • Dyhrberg Dyhrberg
    ✭✭  / 
    Still no update on Denmark, either...
  • valyo_bg valyo_bg
    ✭✭  /  edited August 27
    Still no update in Bulgaria, but just arrive in Greece (I'm here for holiday) :smile: 
  • espio999 espio999
    ✭✭  / 
    It has just come in Japan!
  • Pyves Pyves
    ✭✭  / 
    Received in the UK!
  • Scam Spammers Scam Spammers
    ✭✭  / 
    Now it's available in Norway😊
  • Fox Fox
    ✭✭  / 
    romu said:
    zappor said:
    romu said:

No update here yet.
    It is even worse now for me. Had to disable camera activation through double clicking power button. Camera activated it self almost every time I hit the power button once.
    Else the phone seems stable after de upgrade.

You might need to preform a hard reset(?) 
  • romu romu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Since August upgrade, my Phone reboots all couple of days, it did not do it before.

• valyo_bg valyo_bg
    ✭✭  /  edited September 12
    Mine is Ok, no problems at all after update. Check if you have new app installed that cause this reboot or try to reboot manually several times.
  • ElZoido ElZoido
     / 
    I got the August update early september here in Germany, all fine so far.