Single vs dual SIM frequency band differences?

Hello everyone,I was looking at the FCC certification documents for the upcoming TA-1178 and TA-1196 and noticed that they are apparently for the same phone but in single and dual SIM versions.

Single vs dual SIM frequency band differences?

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hello everyone,
I was looking at the FCC certification documents for the upcoming TA-1178 and TA-1196 and noticed that they are apparently for the same phone but in single and dual SIM versions. This document shows that they do not support exactly the same frequency bands: https://fccid.io/2AJOTTA-1196/Letter/Cover-letter-4380468.iframe
Do any of you know why that is? I would have thought that they would both support the same.
Cheers :)
Tagged:

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Well, quite naturally, they will not sell the single and dual in the same markets. The devices should be heading to different markets and they will essentially have different operator configurations and different cellular bands in use. That's the best I can make out of it.
    Still can't understand why there can't be a global phone with all bands enabled, use anywhere. Maybe relates to the SAR too, different bands will emit differently on their full capacity, maybe? :))
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yes SAR might be the reason, but really we need someone who fully understands these things to explain. Where on the web do people who genuinely know about all this cellular stuff hang out? Not XDA, that's more on the software side, there must be a forum somewhere...gsmhosting?
    In Europe the single and dual SIM versions are both available in most countries, so I don't think that explains the different frequencies.
    Cheers :)