Is this the Nokia 3V?

Hi all,The Nokia 3V was announced yesterday, exclusive to Horizon, but as far as I can tell it's the same as the 3.2.Yet another confusing name by HMD...

Is this the Nokia 3V?

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hi all,
The Nokia 3V was announced yesterday, exclusive to Horizon, but as far as I can tell it's the same as the 3.2.
Yet another confusing name by HMD... but anyway.
I was trying to find out what TA- numbers the 3V is and think it might be the TA-1153 and/or TA-1182 (maybe only one is the 3V and the other is for another operator?).
Anyway, here's some interesting technical detail which I'm sure the folks at Nokia mob, @stipe1906 and @Themightym will find interesting, not to mention other forumites ;)
Cheers :)

Comments

• Themightym Themightym
    ✭✭  / 
    Thanks for the tech diagram. The naming scheme is OK but it is strange that HMD is hiding the TA number. 
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited August 27
    The phones launched in the US with carrier partnerships do not have "-" between the TA and the number. For example: Nokia 3.1 Plus launched in US for cricket wireless carries the model number TA1124. TA1140 is 3.1A and I guess TA1141 could be the 3.1C but I am not sure. Nokia 2V had a regular model number with - in between the alphabets and numbers but all devices that came after it followed a different style. 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Themightym the naming scheme makes no sense at all - the 2V is the 2.1, the 3V is the 3.2; the 3.1 plus Cricket is not the same as the global 3.1 plus and the 3.1A and 3.2A are not the same as the global 3.1, but are actually a generation newer and in many ways better specced than the 3V/3.2 - but maybe you think it's not bad compared to what it could be? :D
    @Kartik Gada yes those are the TA codes for the 3.1A and 3.1C. About the 2V, you maybe interested to know that a Nokia news journalist from a well-known Nokia news site based in India (but not your one) doesn't think that the 2V is the TA-1136 (which is what I think it is) - who do you agree with? :grey_question:
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    @Themightym the naming scheme makes no sense at all - the 2V is the 2.1, the 3V is the 3.2; the 3.1 plus Cricket is not the same as the global 3.1 plus and the 3.1A and 3.2A are not the same as the global 3.1, but are actually a generation newer and in many ways better specced than the 3V/3.2 - but maybe you think it's not bad compared to what it could be? :D
    @Kartik Gada yes those are the TA codes for the 3.1A and 3.1C. About the 2V, you maybe interested to know that a Nokia news journalist from a well-known Nokia news site based in India (but not your one) doesn't think that the 2V is the TA-1136 (which is what I think it is) - who do you agree with? :grey_question:
    Nokia 2V is TA-1136 and here's the screenshot from FCC test photos showing the model number and the device itself. 

Here's the screenshot showing different model numbers of the regular Nokia 2.1. (this page of the website got a new design. It wasn't the same in morning when I checked the page.)

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited August 28
    Hi @Kartik Gada, thanks for sharing the photos from the FCC page, I hadn't seen those. So we agree that the 2V is the TA-1136. The reason the other person didn't agree is that the TA-1136 is certified by the Global Certification Forum, which is normally for use in Europe, which wouldn't apply for a phone intended for Verizon: https://www.globalcertificationforum.org/pub_product/7572.html
    I note that both the TA-1153 and TA-1182 are also certified by the GCF:

I think that the fact the phone is certified by the GCF actually doesn't mean very much. In addition, the user manual is pretty conclusive with the big Verizon logo in it! :D