How to sync Google Calendar?

I thank KaiOS Technologies for this advice:

How to sync Google Calendar?

abbas abbas
✭✭✭  / 

I thank KaiOS Technologies for this advice:

Google Calendar is recognized as a less secure app to the handphone but it is still possible to sync between Google Calendar's cloud and handphone however there is a prerequisite:

Go to Google account/Sign-In & Security/App with less account access/Other less secure apps/Select ON

After syncing, you will find small pink dots on the calendar corresponding to events in your desktop computer's Google Calendar.

Comments

• Hi Abbas - thx for this - what steps do I go through on my 8110 to tell it to sync to the calendar. - I go to the calendar on my phone but I dont see an import option?

thx

• Jannis Jannis
    ✭✭  / 

Calendar/Options/Settings and then "Add Account" and choose Google. But as Abbas said, you have first to go to your Google account on your PC and choose "other less secure apps".

Nokia, please add the possibilty to add an calendar from Outlook.com. The workaround via Google is quite annoying.

• abbas abbas
    ✭✭✭  / 

user1532101932453

For starters, before sync calendar can be done, need to link account to handphone:

Open calendar/options/settings//add account/ Google,Yahoo or CallDev

When account is linked to handphone calendar:

Open calendar/options/setting/update frequency/Select between per15mins, 30mins or manually

If you choose manually (which I prefer) to sync calendar:

Open calendar/options/setting/syn calendar

Best of luck!

• I use Google Suite the business version of google.

First i created a app password via https://myaccount.google.com/apppasswords

but when i fill my email adress and this app password out there is no CONTINUE button. 

Only a back button.

What to do?

• it won't work if you have a domain different to gmail.com. i have also tried to sync my google account using calandar dav but the phone doesn't recognise the server response. 

The google calendar sync needs to be updated to allow domains other than gmail.com!