New 7.2 photo "leaked" - aluminium body again?

Hi all,A ZEISS employee apparently "leaked"* a photo of the soon-to-be-announced 7.2 on Twitter.

New 7.2 photo "leaked" - aluminium body again?

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hi all,
A ZEISS employee apparently "leaked"* a photo of the soon-to-be-announced 7.2 on Twitter. The tweet has been removed but you can see the pic here: https://nokiamob.net/2019/08/21/first-live-photo-of-nokia-7-2/
To me it looks like the body might not be glass. Could it be metal? Could it be polycarbonate again? Personally I hope so as I'm not very interested in glass sandwich designs which are prone to breaking and have poor repairability. Still, it would be nice to see HMD try and standardise on a certain style for their phones, since they seem to be wandering all over the place at present.
Cheers :)
Tagged:

Comments

• Ahmad93 Ahmad93
    ✭✭  /  edited August 22
    Its look like using metal body, but the camera bump its not too big? 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @Ahmad93 it's difficult to tell, the angle of the photo seems to show a high bump but it could just be the perspective on the chamfered edge of the bump. If the phone has a metal back then it will probably be quite slim though which may be why the bump looks bigger.
    A bump isn't a problem for me though!
  • Ahmad93 Ahmad93
    ✭✭  / 
    Hmm.. 
    I hope the camera bump like that can be a unique identity for new series Nokia phone 👌
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I'll appreciate a well placed camera bump. Kinda ssures me that there is something behind it making it thicker and it also stands out. I am liking the camera housing of 7.2 from that image.
    Still wonder how somebody from a respectable company like Zeiss tweeted something which was obviously done privately with sure terms that this should not be made public. Or is it again some of those leaks which are planted by the companies to get some attention going?
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @singhnsk it's definitely an "official "leak""! :D A teaser to keep Nokia high in the mention ratings on twitter etc so that they get better coverage when they actually officially reveal the device. Personally, I find these kind of things fun, interesting and infuriating in equal measure! It's obviously a teaser, so why not be open about it being a teaser, why try and dress it up as a leak?
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Himanshu1712 Nice pointers. Even if they fail to match the hardware (I think it is wasteful to try too hard, they cannot beat others who have a very strong supply chain), I believe that they should do better software at least. Android One should be given up for a lightweight customized Nokia experience, which make them at least innovative when it comes to the software.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Honestly I don't really know because I'm not in the market for a new smartphone like this. I like the style, I am intrigued by the claims about the "polymer composite", I like the camera although I am concerned that it won't really deliver the quality I would expect (mainly because there's no OIS) and I would like my next smartphone to have an OLED display. But maybe all these things are not a problem for €299?
    A telephoto lens without OIS will be difficult to use well, it will often be blurry. However, I suspect we will a wide/normal+OIS/tele+OIS arrangment on the 8.2 when that gets released, but I don't expect that until MWC2020.
    Whatever I said, please don't make a purchasing decision based on what I write or say, I am far from an expert! :D