Android 10 Roadmap for Nokia phones

Hi Nokia phones fans, After being the fastest to upgrade Nokia phones from N to O and O to P, we are very excited to share our Android 10 roadmap for Nokia phones with you.

Android 10 Roadmap for Nokia phones

HMD_Laura HMD_Laura
Staff member  /  edited August 23

Hi Nokia phones fans,

After being the fastest to upgrade Nokia phones from N to O and O to P, we are very excited to share our Android 10 roadmap for Nokia phones with you. The roll out starts in Q4, 2019!

Stay tuned and get ready to welcome Android 10

Best regards,
Laura

Comments

• Tweet is gone buddy ,, either a new plan or Juho posted it after night party 
  • OM 2606 OM 2606
    ✭✭  / 
    Wow! Can't wait for the Android 10 update. Thanks @HMD_Laura for this news.
  • JerinJG JerinJG
    ✭✭  /  edited August 23
    Wow 
    Waiting 😍
  • Robert64 Robert64
    ✭✭  / 
    You must reconsider decision of not rolling update for Nokia 5 when Android 10 contains many important privacy features like scoped storage
  • wow!!!!!!!!1 I'm Nokia 1 User..  :)
  • I'm Nokia 6.1 2018 TA-1050 owner.
  • I'm Nokia 6.1 2018 TA-1050 owner.
    I can't wait to get Google Android 10 on my device.
  • carlballenas carlballenas
    ✭✭  / 
    Can't wait for Nokia 3.1 Plus to get a Android Q update.😁😁😁😁
  • Won't i get android 10 on my Nokia 5 device ?? 🥺
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    gil said:
    What about the nokia 8? 
    No. All the phones which are not on the list were launched with Android 7 and HMD only said they would deliver two OS updates to these phones* so 7+2=9, not 10 ;)
    *as we know the Nokia 2 hasn't got Android 9 yet and it won't :(
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    How about us with no pro versions? Like Nokia 5,6,7,8 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️ 
    Pro versions? What the **** are you even talking about? :lol:

Anyway, Android One program promises TWO major system upgrades and all of those phones you mentioned came with Android 7. They all got Android 8(.1) and Android 9 which makes it two and they are done. :smile:
  • Wow [email protected]_Laura I'm waiting for Android 10
  • nonong nonong
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm a Nokia 7+ user here in Doha Qatar I bought my device recently aug 9 these year would I get that new android 10 for my device here in Doha Qatar?

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yes @nonong :)
  • Will you get volte finally to work with German providers?
  • saadain saadain
    ✭✭  / 
    Wow! Can't wait for the Android 10 update. Thanks @HMD_Laura for this news.
    Start working on Symbian OS latest update with updated c and c++ libraries.... It is your identity and it is legend let go of the java based camera operating system bloated with Google services and apps remember it is your identity NOKIA  and revamp swipe to unlock as in 5800 Xpress music Symbian OS 9.2.3 and revamp Xpress music don't use java use c++ we count on you Nokia bring Symbian back.... Bring those days back
  • Bhujang47 Bhujang47
    ✭✭  / 
    Can any one know when in q4 of 2019 as im nokia 8.1 owener !
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @user1521769034246 I completely understand why you think that a phone released with Android 7 but after Android 8 was released should therefore get updated to Android Q since that will be launched less than two years after the phone was available to buy.... however, that's not what HMD said. HMD said two years of OS updates, so they're sticking by what they said. Also, it will be the same problem for the 7.1 next year and in two years time for the new phones which will be launched on next week.
    I mentioned elsewhere that because the Sirocco will get Q this means it should not be difficult to get Q on the 8. Hence why I said before that our best chance of getting Android Q on the Nokia 8 is to support the T-Virus project on XDA. This is project that aims to take the Sirocco image and merge it with the 8 image, as far as I can remember, which will ultimately allow us to get Android Q on the Nokia 8.
    Cheers :)
  • Basically,we are getting andriod 10 this year...I am Nokia 6.1plus user....
  • masanza masanza
    ✭✭  / 
    @HMD_Laura I'm waiting for Android 10 on my Nokia 3.1
  • Me too for my Nokia 6.1 2018 TA 1050
  • I am Nokia 6.1 2018 TA 1050 user,owner.
  • dtelang456 dtelang456
    ✭✭  / 
    Thanks @HMD_Laura  I have Nokia 7.1 and I'm waiting for Android 10.