Tapping into Android Pie's adaptive battery for optimum battery performance - Page 2

The apps are still active. They disabled it not for all Pie devices? Or I can't view any changes on my phone...

Tapping into Android Pie's adaptive battery for optimum battery performance

Comments

• alexium 67 alexium 67
    ✭✭  /  edited October 2019
    The apps are still active. They disabled it not for all Pie devices? Or I can't view any changes on my phone... Maybe that apps just not working but still persist in the system.
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    The evenwell apps are still there, but it seems to me that they are no longer active ...?!
  • Varg Varg
    ✭✭  /  edited October 2019
    martin.fd said:
    The evenwell apps are still there, but it seems to me that they are no longer active ...?!

I have the same experience. Apps are being closed less aggressively than before.

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Too early too happy ... the evenwell apps are still active :/
  • HMD does not extend the one-year security quarterly update for the old model Nokia 6 (TA-1003), nor does it plan to release an update to disable this third-party Evenwell power-saving program? Not the purest native Android? Why are there third-party programs? Is this a deception of consumers?

• Varg Varg
    ✭✭  / 

They are indeed still active..very sad!

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 2019

@Varg

@martin.fd

The evenwell apps were disabled,. Why are you saying they aren't? What apps are you having issues with? You have to go in each app battery usage and make sure they are not set to optimize. Can you post a screen shot of the battery usage for these app you feel are getting closed?

• Varg Varg
    ✭✭  / 

@jdi000

Apps are randomly being closed after a while, this happens when I have for example ten random apps open in the background.

Is this a feature of Android 9?

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 2019

@Varg

There is limited memory on the phone so only so many apps can stay loaded. The Android os manages this. Sounds like it is working as expected.

• Varg Varg
    ✭✭  / 

@jdi000

Ah okay, then I have said nothing.

But it is kinda curious why the Nokia 8 is closing apps more aggressively than the Nokia 6.1 and that model has 3 GB instead of 4 GB that the Nokia 8 model has.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @Varg I also find the Nokia 8 removes apps from the task switcher more aggressively than on Android 8.1, but as @user389 (I think) explained to me this is probably more of a Google than an HMD issue, and often the app is still running in the background anyway, it just doesn't appear in the task switcher - we need to change to a new way of switching between apps.

Which is why I use Z-Launcher as it remembers my most frequently used apps better than Quickstep 😁

Cheers 😃