Don't buy Nokia phone (particularly nokia 6.1Plus) Please before buying read this

Hi Nokia fans , (i am not going to be the part of Nokia Community), ( i am a die hard fan of Nokia i won't accept any other phone (whatever it may be) upto yesterday.

Don't buy Nokia phone (particularly nokia 6.1Plus) Please before buying read this

suresh reddy suresh reddy
✭✭  /  edited August 25
 :( Hi Nokia fans , (i am not going to be the part of Nokia Community), ( i am a die hard fan of Nokia i won't accept any other phone (whatever it may be) upto yesterday.
                    This the story of Nokia Phone Lover or die hard fan of nokia Mobile upto yesterday. I am the nokia customer since my school days (Used Nokia 1110 for 4 Years, Lumia 625 for almost 3 years, Nokia 6.1 plus since one year) i just waited for to buy Nokia 6.1 plus since its launch in China, finally got it on 3rd september i was very happy to see and to use the phone but within 2 months glass has broken by falling from a height of less than 30 centimeters, i felt very bad for that ( i told everyone that it had broken by falling from building :( )),It's a clear indication of poor quality gorilla glass. But touch screen is working properly. After an enquiry from Nokia care for replacement of display glass, their cost for replacement of display glass is 10500 rupees. After 10 months of usage battery started draining fastly and in the meantime there is a problem with Charging port phone is not able to charge at all and there is problem with external speaker. In my opinion of buying Nokia phone is there won't be need of buying any other phone for more than 2 or 3 years. i am not in a position to pay for service cost of repairing charging port so i have given to Nokia online service repair because it is under warranty, after taking 10 days of delivery one of the service person has raised a quotation of Rs. 30094/- for Repair it Seems, i just called Nokia Technical department and asked them to repair me at least charging port(because its a major problem) they simply told that it is not covered under warranty because glass has broken (glass has broken within 2 months of my purchase and charging problem after 10 months of usage)https://flindhmd.flex.com/Quotation/#/customerQuotation/391/HMDOnline/0/511d1298a37fbab330405ebd7db0e77b i asked them to repair at least charging port but they didn't. They billed me around 700/- Rs. for there service (if i have that money why i have sent to you). 

1) Feeling very bad for purchase of Nokia 6.1 plus
2) For the way Technical department resolution of Complaints.
3) Feeling very bad as i suggested  and made my 4 friends to buy (Nokia 8.1, (2) Nokia 6.1 plus and Nokia 5.1 plus).
4) Most of the phones like MI has got best battery life and there is no lag while playing games and that to coming with AndoidOne in MI phones)
5) Bad thing is now also i am using Nokia Lumia 520 Since 10 days

Finally decided not to buy Nokia phone.. ...
 For any one to Contact 

[email protected]

Model: Nokia 6.1 Plus

IMEI: 353385090233220

Please find the attached Quotation

Comments

• TheoSc TheoSc
    ✭✭  / 
    That's not good at all 😡
    I hope someone from HMD see's your post and sorts you out ASAP. Nothing like bad customer service to ruin a brand's reputation.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    While I won't talk about the quality of the glass, because glass will remain glass and all glass can break, sometimes very easily, sometimes not so easily. It's a game of luck.

I do particularly hate this weird warranty policy though. Even if the display is broken, it is not a valid reason to kill all the manufacturing warranty liability that a company has. Sure, unless it can be proved that the port has had physical damage caused due to the broken display. This doesn't sound like a good policy and I'm sure this can't even be done.
    I'll really recommend that you approach a consumer rights protection agency for assistance. No matter how much I like the Nokia brand, I can't withstand the fact that a lot of customers are being joked around by the customer service. The 6.1 Plus DOES have that USB flaw by design, I can't understand why a company which aims to take a significant share of the smartphone market has to play so low that it keeps finding excuses to not fix the issues which it knows are really not happening due to anything wrong done by the customer.
  • suresh reddy suresh reddy
    ✭✭  / 
    now i have to pay Rs. 700/- for repair quotation rejection it seems to bring my phone back.
  • rifad20 rifad20
    ✭✭  / 
    The service cost of Nokia devices are very high compared to Xiaomi, Asus, OnePlus etc.
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited August 26
     :( Hi Nokia fans , (i am not going to be the part of Nokia Community), ( i am a die hard fan of Nokia i won't accept any other phone (whatever it may be) upto yesterday.
                        This the story of Nokia Phone Lover or die hard fan of nokia Mobile upto yesterday. I am the nokia customer since my school days (Used Nokia 1110 for 4 Years, Lumia 625 for almost 3 years, Nokia 6.1 plus since one year) i just waited for to buy Nokia 6.1 plus since its launch in China, finally got it on 3rd september i was very happy to see and to use the phone but within 2 months glass has broken by falling from a height of less than 30 centimeters, i felt very bad for that ( i told everyone that it had broken by falling from building :( )),It's a clear indication of poor quality gorilla glass. But touch screen is working properly. After an enquiry from Nokia care for replacement of display glass, their cost for replacement of display glass is 10500 rupees. After 10 months of usage battery started draining fastly and in the meantime there is a problem with Charging port phone is not able to charge at all and there is problem with external speaker. In my opinion of buying Nokia phone is there won't be need of buying any other phone for more than 2 or 3 years. i am not in a position to pay for service cost of repairing charging port so i have given to Nokia online service repair because it is under warranty, after taking 10 days of delivery one of the service person has raised a quotation of Rs. 30094/- for Repair it Seems, i just called Nokia Technical department and asked them to repair me at least charging port(because its a major problem) they simply told that it is not covered under warranty because glass has broken (glass has broken within 2 months of my purchase and charging problem after 10 months of usage)https://flindhmd.flex.com/Quotation/#/customerQuotation/391/HMDOnline/0/511d1298a37fbab330405ebd7db0e77b i asked them to repair at least charging port but they didn't. They billed me around 700/- Rs. for there service (if i have that money why i have sent to you). 

1) Feeling very bad for purchase of Nokia 6.1 plus
    2) For the way Technical department resolution of Complaints.
    3) Feeling very bad as i suggested  and made my 4 friends to buy (Nokia 8.1, (2) Nokia 6.1 plus and Nokia 5.1 plus).
    4) Most of the phones like MI has got best battery life and there is no lag while playing games and that to coming with AndoidOne in MI phones)
    5) Bad thing is now also i am using Nokia Lumia 520 Since 10 days

Finally decided not to buy Nokia phone.. ...
     For any one to Contact 

[email protected]

Model: Nokia 6.1 Plus

IMEI: 353385090233220

Please find the attached Quotation

Why are they showing price of so many different parts when the problem is broken front glass and faulty charging port? And even if they are giving a price quote this just does not make any sense. One can buy 3 Nokia 6.1 plus online for this price. The parts cost Triple the price of a phone. This is cheating. I agree with @singhnsk here. You should definitely approach the consumer court. Do warn HMD Global before doing this. This is a 3rd party service provider and they should be aware of what's going on. 

You should post this on social media and tag Nokia Mobile. Here you won't get support as this is just a community and we all are Nokia users just like you. I hope your issue is sorted out soon. 

I became a Nokia fan for the service they provided in the past and now this is the quality of service they are giving. This is sad. 😞