Phone locked up

I had the phone working as usual and it went to the Android One screen.  I thought it might be updating but I have tried everything and cannot get it off that …

Phone locked up

bobby r bobby r
✭✭  / 
I had the phone working as usual and it went to the Android One screen.  I thought it might be updating but I have tried everything and cannot get it off that screen and get back to normal operations.  I have tried a soft reset and looking for  how do to the hard reset.  I love the phone but this really upset me.  Its been over ten hours and the screen is still on.

Comments

• Ted Ted
    ✭✭  / 
    Try hard reset. Did you try something like this:

Restore with hard reset or Recovery mode Nokia 9 PureView

Restore with hard reset or Recovery mode your Nokia 9 PureView can solve problems that have not been solved with a normal factory reset.

1- First turn off your Nokia 9 PureView completely. If you can not unlock the screen, press and hold the power button for about 20 seconds and the phone will turn off.

2- Keep holding on volume down and power keys together for a few seconds in your Nokia 9 PureView. In some devices according to the Android version the combination can be the power key and the volume key up.

3- When the Nokia logo is displayed, release the buttons.

4- Move through the menu with the volume up and volume down keys until you reach the "Recovery Mode" option and press the power button to access.

5- Use the volume up and volume down keys to select the "wipe cache partition" option and press the Power button to activate the option and clear the mobile cache.

6- After a few seconds you will return to the previous screen, with the volume buttons go to the option "wipe data / factory reset" and press the power button to enter. A screen with many NOs and a YES will appear, with the volume keys again go to the YES and press with the power key.

7- After finishing again with the volume keys, click on "reboot system now" and press the power key of your Nokia 9 PureView, the device will reboot and take several minutes to start while restoring the device to its factory state and optimizing the applications pre-installed in the system Android 9.0 (Pie); Android One.

• bobby r bobby r
    ✭✭  / 
    Thanks Ted.  I tried that a bunch of times.  When you hold the power button it vibrates and the screen goes dark and then the Andriodone screens comes up again, over and over and over.  That is all I get with the power button and the up and down volume keys.  I can't get it to budge off the Androidone screen.  Even charging it won't go off.  On the very top is in small writing "fastboot" and I tried all the fastboot stuff that I can find and none of it works.
  • Ted Ted
    ✭✭  / 
    I hope that you manage to sort it out somehow.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Recovery mode on Nokia is:
    Volume Up and Power keys for about 15 seconds. And USB cable should be connected.
    So, since you're stuck, Volume Up and Power for about 15 seconds will force reboot it. After that keep holding them for another 12-13 seconds. You'll arrive at the recovery mode.