Display burning issues

My 5 months old Nokia 8 having display burning issues.

Display burning issues

user1524040254804 user1524040254804
 /  edited July 19
My 5 months old Nokia 8 having display burning issues.

Comments

• zxcvbad zxcvbad
     / 
    It's called image retention. Mine has this too and it's getting worse, all it needs now is a 30sec static image. Wasn't like that few months ago.
  • I gave for service, they told me to wait for 10 days for new display.. today I got call from service that it is fixed.. I went to the Marathalli Nokia Care, Bangalore, India.
    When I got the mobile in hand. I felt some different in the display. The whole display was looking yellowish shade. I checked the night mode. It was off.. then I asked them . They said this is new and original display. I raised my voice and asked. Staff checked with the manager and said me to wait for one more day. I m really disappointed.
    I asked for replacement, they said u have small dents on side. So it is not possible. I don't know what to do
  • Today I went to service centre in Guwahati, they told me it may be software issue. Also if it's hardware issue then wait for few more days so that problem increase more.
  • zxcvbad zxcvbad
     /  edited July 20
    @Sathish Goku
    Sounds like terrible experience. You can check display manufacturer string in AIDA64 /Display.
    All Nokia 8 models sources panels from LGD so it should expose LGD Dual DSI in your case.

@user1524040254804
    It is hardware issue (basically poor production quality that is also tend to regress), I don't know if HMD has obtained newer batch of panels from LGD but I doubt it as I don't see massive reports numbers from consumers, I guess most people aren't notice until it regressing to a pretty bad level
  • user1524040254804 user1524040254804
     /  edited July 19
    I'm raising this on Twitter. Please help me there. @ShakiluzAhmed I'll appreciate your help.
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have my TA-1012 serviced and screen replaced, but then again, I'm experiencing screen retention and red stripes on both sides. 
    LGD is the worst panel for sure.
  • boblu boblu
     / 
    Anyone can share display burning image...?? 
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hello @boblu
    Here is an example of image retention. It is visible especially on dark gray background.

• naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @boblu, you may also check another thread on same issue:

• boblu boblu
     / 
    Anyone try miravision?? If no pls. Message me. Hope it will help ...
    Thanks😊