when downgrader to oreo we get april securrty patch

as we get april security patch how to get july security patch in oreo ?

when downgrader to oreo we get april securrty patch

ganesh maheshwari ganesh maheshwari
 /  edited July 26

as we get april security patch how to get july security patch in oreo ?

Comments

• vahtmestar vahtmestar
     /  edited July 20

Noticed same thing, installed beta back.

• edwaine edwaine
     /  edited July 20

Same. Stuck in April 2018 update.

• jblzw jblzw
     /  edited July 20

Same here, I used the OTA rollback.

• gururaju n gururaju n
     /  edited July 20
    Even I rolled back to Oreo via OTA, but it has security update for April and checked for update but it says it is up to date..

Please let us know how to get the latest update.
  • ziel00ny90 ziel00ny90
     / 
    Has any of you got an update other than April after withdrawing from Android P beta 9?
  • samar singh samar singh
     /  edited July 24
    I'm also facing same issue
  • ajit agrawat ajit agrawat
     /  edited July 23
    Same issue. and no dual 4g. I rolled back from P via OTA. April security patch.
  • ashubhatt ashubhatt
    ✭✭  /  edited July 25
    I am also stuck with April patch and is showing up to date. The roll back shows IL get back to latest version of 8.1 but it's back to April patch... What nokia is doing
  • ziel00ny90 ziel00ny90
     / 
    I join the problem. I'm also in April
  • deathbeard deathbeard
     /  edited July 22

Ok, so here's how I got it right. First go to the following link and download the last 2 files in the last post: https://community.phones.nokia.com/support/discussions/topics/7000030178/page/last#post-7000063891 

Roll back to 2.13b but don't let it boot to android, just go straight back into recovery. Now you can flash 2.22a that you downloaded from above. Reboot and let it boot. Setup phone, turn on usb debugging and adb to recovery again and sideload the 2nd file, 2.22a sp01. Reboot and check for updates, July should show up after 30min. Hope this helps

• Without upgrading it like the post above, will Nokia update to july?
    Or is this the only way?
    Just went back to 8.1 and re-installed all my app's. 
    Don't want to do that again...

• @ DeathBeard AGAIN GET DOWNGRADE UPDATE

• deathbeard deathbeard
     / 
    You will not get any OTA updates without manual OTA flash as per above.
  • jblzw jblzw
     / 

@Deathbeard

The files you linked are for TA-1062, I have a TA-1046 (International). Do you know where I can find the 1046 ota files?

• @Deadbeard, is it still possible to perform upgrade even if i reboot the phone into Android after installing 2.13?
    Or whip data again, then follow your steps?

• @Deadbeard I think most of us are confused, because we have different kind of N7P (TA-1046, TA-1055(my device))
    and noone would want to flash a os on their device, which isn't the correct one..

Maybe you can elaborate where we could get the other versions if there are any or if they'd be the same anyway..

would we get OTA updates after flashing 2.22A or would we need to do sideload every new update? :/

I hope HMD/Nokia fixes the Issue on their own, but if they don't I guess we have to go your way.. 
    Thank you for your help so far.

• ziel00ny90 ziel00ny90
     /  edited July 26
    Is everything going back to normal after this work as if there were never androod beta p? we will get all OTA updates?
  • deathbeard deathbeard
     / 
    Yeah, it did for me! Got july security patch within 30min
  • But the main question is the files you have are for TA-1062 .. and i have the model TA-1046 .Is it safe to flash these files ?? Or they are same for all?
  • ajit agrawat ajit agrawat
     /  edited July 19
    It's safe to flash on TA 1046. I did it. But I got June update. But in updater it's showing the roll back image again.
  • so in other words it doesn't work or what?

• Did it like @deathbeard said.
    Now running securitypatch june.
    Only it's trying to download the 2.13 update now.
    What went wrong?

• I guess they somehow managed to make the 2.13 show up as a newer version or smth.. I guess I'll stay on P until Nokia fixes this Issue themselves.. wich might be a while..

• I'll just go back to 2.13 then...
    And wait for Nokia to fix it.

• ziel00ny90 ziel00ny90
     /  edited August 8
    If it would take a few days, I'd rather wait and not reset everything again. The worst thing is that NOKIA is silent and there is no official position in this matter and the error is huge and serious. Androidone without wow support
  • If we stay on the android p beta .. will we get regular monthly patches ?
  • Same here..installed p again..Anyone please help
  • Will manual rollback work? Any suggestions
  • I GO TO SERVICE CENTRE THEY SAID LATEST MARKET SOFTWARE IS APRIL PATCH THATS WHY WE NOT GETTING UPDATE . AS IN SERVICE CENTRE COMPUTER ALSO APRIL SECURITY PATCH UPDATE IS LATEST. I THINK I TRY ONCE MANNUALY ROLL BACK MAY BE ITS WORK ?

• probably it doesn't work, if you want any form of success you'll probably have to go @Micah van de Merwe route, though i'd probably advise just to keep calm and either be happy with old 8.1 or P