Google Security Update Problem

Cannot update to Google security patch 2019-08 -- 'verification problem.' I did a factory reset, but no change. I have 2.4 GB of internal memory free.

Google Security Update Problem

.cal .cal
✭✭  /  edited August 30
Cannot update to Google security patch 2019-08 -- 'verification problem.' I did a factory reset, but no change. I have 2.4 GB of internal memory free. I have had no similar problem before. Also, the phone has never been rooted.
Tagged:

Comments

• singsongfun singsongfun
    ✭✭  / 
    I confirm identical issue to .cal posted above. My Nokia 1 Plus was bought unlocked from Carphone Warehouse here in the UK. Previous updates were fine.
  • I have the same problem. I have 1.6 GB of internal storage available. No problems until now.
  • Nungar Nungar
    ✭✭  / 
    Same here, all other updates were fine. Unlocked phone too if that makes a difference?
    ✭✭  / 
    The August Google update has been removed from Nokia's server.
  • wernber wernber
    ✭✭  / 
    Update: On September 6, the error message "System update could not be installed - Verification error" disappeared from my phone (Nokia 1 Plus)
    Checking system updates then in settings revealed that the "system is up-to-date".
    status of security update is Juli 1, 2019

Well, it seems Nokia/HMD has withdrawn the August update for Nokia 1 Plus overnight, without communicating.
    I also got an email from Nokia mobile care service, that the respective department will take care of this issu and I will be informed when there is a solution.

Any other observations/news?
    ✭✭  / 
    The August update is now back live and installs correctly.
  • Afrozddd123 Afrozddd123
    ✭✭  / 
    System update failed in my Nokia 3.1 please advise
  • wernber wernber
    ✭✭  / 
    The August update is now back live and installs correctly. ...

and so it worked for my Nokia 1 Plus as well, 2 days ago

Thanks, Nokia