Nokia 1 Plus System update fails to install - Verification error

My Nokia 1 plus (TA - 1111) received the August Google security update two days ago, but is fails to install with a verification error.

Nokia 1 Plus System update fails to install - Verification error

ivan45 ivan45
✭✭  / 
My Nokia 1 plus (TA - 1111) received the August Google security update two days ago, but is fails to install with a verification error.

Nokia support have been next to no help, because after rebooting back into android from the update error, the Nokia "My Phone" app continually crashes.

Any one else experiencing this or know of a fix?

Comments

• K00zie K00zie
    ✭✭  / 
    I've the same problem! At first I thought it may be the phone, but now I know it's something about the patch. Please check on this Nokia 😐
  • wernber wernber
    ✭✭  / 
    I have the same issues and problems with a brand new Nokia 1 Plus, after contacting Nokia Mobile Care Team several times I am just frustrated and annoyed!
    They are trying to help, but all their suggestions are useless!
    Even factory reset does not fix the problem.

Sorry Nokia/HMD, I have purchased several Nokia phones in the last year...
    But this is a pain in the...
    I wasted so much time, and if time is money...
  • TheoSc TheoSc
    ✭✭  / 
    It looks like HMD have gone quiet. No response of any kind from them on these issues.

I guess it's time to trash HMD. Buckle up HMD. You're in for a **** of a ride

🤬😠
  • wernber wernber
    ✭✭  / 
    Update: On September 6, the error message "System update could not be installed - Verification error" disappeared from my phone (Nokia 1 Plus)
    Checking system updates then in settings revealed that the "system is up-to-date".
    status of security update is Juli 1, 2019

Well, it seems Nokia/HMD has withdrawn the August update for Nokia 1 Plus overnight, without communicating.
    I also got an email from Nokia mobile care service, that the respective department will take care of this issu and I will be informed when there is a solution.

Any other observations/news?
  • Scottlexium Scottlexium
    ✭✭  / 
    I too had that same issue on my Nokia 2.1
  • Scottlexium Scottlexium
    ✭✭  / 
    All you need to do is enable developer's option by tapping the build number 7 times, then click unlock boot loader, make sure you use a WiFi network and don't pause the update while doing it,  just allow it to complete without interruption, also make sure you have space in you device.
  • wernber wernber
    ✭✭  / 
    The August update is now back live and installs correctly. ...

and so it worked for my Nokia 1 Plus as well, 2 days ago

Thanks, Nokia
  • does anyone know how to fix a dm-verity error on Nokia 1 plus device. I don't think their customer care even know what it is or what it means. It is so annoying. Makes me regret going back to Nokia
    :(
  • ivan45 ivan45
    ✭✭  / 
    Uodate,

The August and September updates wouldn't install on my one plus so I took it back to the shop I brought it from and swapped my one plus for a Nokia 2.2.
    I only had to pay the difference in price (£25 in UK)

The 2.2 is android one, free of the android go restrictions and a way better Device than the one plus in my opinion.